Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Prices

This is more for those with the larger Lexus cars, what sort of servicing costs do dealers charge for the GS/LS/SC?

Only reason I ask is that I just booked the Merc in for its service, computer said service G which is apparently a semi-major service, but then asking about the actual service it seemed as though it was pretty much an inspection service with a few add-ons due to the age of the vehicle like spark plugs, brake fluid change and some filters.

I was a little shocked then to find out that the price was £800 for this, and that included a 10% discount because the car was over 3 years old! :o

Tried both our local dealers and both quoted identical prices (all part of Mercedes retail so I guess that was expected). Just wondered whether this was just Mercedes being Mercedes (and I know BMW do it too) but is this expected for any car like this or does Lexus come in more reasonable?

Cheers for the replies, that's exactly what I was thinking, it appears that with Lexus, servicing an LS pretty much costs the same as servicing my IS.........

Makes you wonder if they do the same at Mercedes........and does servicing a C-class cost the same :o

It's definitely a lot though, has made me reconsider buying a Mercedes in the future.........

I'm not sure - I called Lexus Guildford, Hatfield and Croydon about a minor (7-year) service on my GS430. They all wanted something like £500-600 for it, which I thought was excessive. I don't know what they'd charge for an IS, and I shudder to think what they'd charge for a major service!!

I'm not sure - I called Lexus Guildford, Hatfield and Croydon about a minor (7-year) service on my GS430. They all wanted something like £500-600 for it, which I thought was excessive. I don't know what they'd charge for an IS, and I shudder to think what they'd charge for a major service!!

Cheltenham quoted me £225 for a 7 year/70k service on my GS (only done 50k but due 7 yr)

Hmmm, perhaps I've been spoiled a bit by how competitive Lexus Woodford really is.........

Only problem with Mercedes is that as they're all now "Mercedes Retail" you can't go to a different dealer - my two local dealers quoted identical prices for this reason. I guess the only option is to just accept it, or try to find one of the remaining privately owned dealerships :)

Guest inicol63

Had mine last B service but had the cam belt done as well it cam out at £520

This was on SC430 the cam belt did not need changing but i had it done away.

This was carried out by West field motors

• 2 weeks later...
Booked my car in 2 weeks time.

Mk3 GS300 - 4year major (20k) service. £330 inclusive of vat. I think that this is ok for the car it is. ^_^

4 year 40k service