Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Out With The Old - In With The New!

Hi All.

My old man has just purchased a new GS450H, and i decided i wanted to trade my old motor in.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Got Rid of the Red Seat Leon. Was a 55 reg 1.9TDI Stylance. Had air con, dual climate control, folding electric wing mirrors and loads of other bits. Had a few problems when i bought it 18months ago, but decided i wanted a change to something and the IS was the choice! Ill miss the car due to the power, despite its only a 1.9 it sure does move! But ill enjoy the toys and comfort of the IS.

Its an 2005 Lexus IS200 SE.

!!!

Hi All.

My old man has just purchased a new GS450H, and i decided i wanted to trade my old motor in.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Got Rid of the Red Seat Leon. Was a 55 reg 1.9TDI Stylance. Had air con, dual climate control, folding electric wing mirrors and loads of other bits. Had a few problems when i bought it 18months ago, but decided i wanted a change to something and the IS was the choice! Ill miss the car due to the power, despite its only a 1.9 it sure does move! But ill enjoy the toys and comfort of the IS.

!!!

Nice ride mate! Think its same colour as mine I think, :)

Prefer the alloys on yours though :whistling:

Hi All.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

!!!

Nice ride mate! Think its same colour as mine I think, :)

Prefer the alloys on yours though :whistling:

The alloys are a little past there best. Kerb marks and corrosion have set in :( Just wondered if i have them refurbed, what would happen if they just resparyed and filled them - i know id loose the diamond cut, but what does that look like??

I know what you mean mate, My last 3 cars were....Last one - VW Golf 1.9 GT TDI one before EP3 Civic Type 'R' and one before that VW Golf TDI SE.

All three could shift but the VW's had plenty of torque where as the Type 'R' was a revvy lil bugger.

Compaired to those 3 the lexus is really sluggish....BUT I wouldnt swap it for any of those three now, Im just gutted I didnt get a Lexus years ago.

Im not in as good a financial position as last year (Credit Crunch etc). Ive only spent 2k on buying my IS200 which is going to be abit of a project as I go along but last year I was able to spend 7k on the Civic Type 'R'....I said to my Dad earlier this evening that I wish Id have spent 7k on a lexus last year instead of the Civic.

Soz for my waffling lol.

Congratulations on the new car mate, looks very nice :)

Btw, those wheels are not diamond cut (unless they've been done afterwards, that's where they have a polished finish) so shouldn't be too expensive to have refurbed - or you could do it yourself if you wish.