Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stuck Cd

hightone

Hi have an altez 6 cd player, 2 cd's are inside and they wont play or eject get no noise no movement just error 3 pops up after a few seconds any help thank you only thing strange thing to happen is i had skipped past a few tracks when in car last thing turned engine off next time i got in car and started it it made the noise as if it was changing or ejecting a disk thought no more about it put radio on thank you for any help (-:

Unfortunately this is extremely common on the OEM head unit, I have an IS200 and it happened to mine. Basically the head unit is on its way out. You might be able to give it a whack and get it to work again, or take it apart to get the CDs out, but the unit is very prone to this sort of failure.

There are lots of threads about getting aftermarket units and how to install them, fascia adaptors etc.

Unfortunately this is extremely common on the OEM head unit, I have an IS200 and it happened to mine. Basically the head unit is on its way out. You might be able to give it a whack and get it to work again, or take it apart to get the CDs out, but the unit is very prone to this sort of failure.

There are lots of threads about getting aftermarket units and how to install them, fascia adaptors etc.

thanks for the reply just whack it cool like where abouts and how much force ?can not see to many srews is it a whole dash board out job or is they a way of just taking the front off and how long a job is it ? cheers (-:

Ps cost ?

thanks for the reply just whack it cool like where abouts and how much force ?can not see to many srews is it a whole dash board out job or is they a way of just taking the front off and how long a job is it ? cheers (-:

Ps cost ?

You'll need to remove the head unit from the dash, and I've got a walkthough written by DJ Wozza for that. If you PM me your email address I will send it to you. Or I think there is also one in the Workshop section. No, it's not a dash-out job. It's not too hard. Basically you have to remove the top tray with the air vents in, you remove the bottom unit with the seat heater buttons and TRC/Snow etc (if you have them there), then you remove as one unit the A/C controls and the head unit (being *very* careful as you do so and masking the dash off with tape as it is very easy to scratch up your dash at this point). Then you separate the A/C and head unit. This isn't meant to be a set of instructions, as I said there are walkthroughs, but it's to show you there's not that much to it. There are a few bolts but they're hidden underneath other things.

I really don't know what sort of whack might make the head unit work, to be honest I'm just clutching at straws. I think what's happened is that the CD has got physically stuck so maybe a gentle shake of the head unit or hitting it without too much violent force might help (I accept no responsibility if something goes wrong though !) ? I really don't know though.

I'm not clear which cost you're asking for. If you're asking for the cost of a new head unit, then that's really up to you. Just don't buy one of the seemingly-amazingly-good-value non-branded units on eBay, they're supposed to be rubbish. I got a Pioneer unit with Bluetooth for a little over £200 and it's great. You can also get units to play DVDs, with satnav, etc, etc, it's up to you how much you want to spend.