Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

G20 Protest

ALI_1

I saw on the news today that the dude who died who the police claim had a heart attack and died was in fact assaulted by a police officer using his batton twice and then pushed to the ground all this while he had his back to them and hands in his pockets walking away from them he wasnt even protesting just on his way home its a joke all this is on film not going to hold my breath if anyone is going to go prison for this

Didn't see it that way.

What's clear? The police killed him?

When the whole of London knew that there would be a few aholes causing trouble in the city why did he choose to walk home towards the trouble?

He died of a heart attack, simple. And you want to blame that on a copper who had been dealing with scum for the last 6 hours.

Get a life!

what i say was an unprovoked attack on the guy from a polic office, yes i agree i would have not been walking in that area at that time if i was not involve, and maybe there was no link to the heart attack, but still that officer went over the top

He was "ambling along", in front of a line of coppers obviously moving forward, with his hands in his pockets. In that situation he is being obstructive and antagonistic to the police. He got a push out of the way, if they battered him with batons I would say well out of order.

so you wouldnt mind being hit with a baton to your legs and then pushed down? when walking with you hands in ur pockets and head down, even though you were obstructing theres no need for that, you know that........... my issue is the where the media have linked his death to the incident

So your issue is the media link to his death then?

So what's to "cover up"?

And if I put myself in "no man's land" between the police and a mob and got a baton on the back of my leg and pushed out of the way, I would say what an idiot for getting there in the first place. It all kicked off about 5 hours before FFS.

when i say cover up, i mean the office assaulting without cause, not the death,

until its proven by doctors and scientists theres no reason to link the death with the attack just pure coincendine, and im sorry, you would be angry if that happened as well as questioning your own stupidiy for being there in the first instance

I'm sure the police probably aren't completely innocent, but I'm also sure the media is trying to play it up as much as they can. The truth is somewhere in the middle...........

At the end of the day, the protest was pointless, no one there actually seemed to have any idea what they were actually protesting about, they were just thugs trying to cause havoc.

They should be lucky it wasn't the US, where they probably would have just started shooting people. It's amazing that only one person died, and even that was of a heart attack. In my opinion that shows how good our police are, rather than the opposite.

I've got to admit that if you or I were in that situation, would we be able to be rational and calm? I was infuriated just hearing about it and seeing the protests on the news......

Mac, the guy was working in the area and was trying to walk home, and the police wouldn't let him go certain ways so I don't think he had much choice.

Once I was in London and managed to quite accidentally get caught up in the middle of the poll tax riots and it was one of the most frightening experiences in my life. I wouldn't have been ambling along in front of the police myself, but to say it's justified to hit him with a baton and shove him to the ground is completely wrong IMHO.

I don't know how relevent people will think this is, and I have little medical knowledge, but i'm sure we've all seen on crimewatch where some poor elderly person has been robbed and died days later of a heart attack, having seen this on the news about this poor chap being shuved by a police officer and dying of a heart attack minutes later, how dissimilar is this?

In this sort of situation, the last thing you want to do is give the police any reason to take you down. He did, so they had no choice.

If someone had died as a result of the protests, then I'm sure everyone would have been blaming the police for not preventing it.

Being a policeman has to be one of the most thankless jobs out there, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You can clearly see on the news he didnt give any reasen to take him down he was walking away what kind of coward would wack a old dude from the back and then not mention anything later when he died only reasen he spoke up is he was on film otherwise he would not have come forward the guy was walking that way home becouse the police would not let him take his normal route home becouse of the protesters so he was follwing what the police telling him i know police have a hard job and every other officer there was in just as much stresfull sitiuations if not more aint see any of the others wacking folk from the back

• 2 weeks later...