Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought First Lexus, Need Some Help!

TheMurph

Hello all,

Iv'e just bought my first lexus, a milano red 1998 GS 300, and it needs a lot doing! Do you know where I can source parts from a decent supplier, that wont cost the earth?

Also, the steering wheel wobbles at about 65mph, and although Ive read alot about the GS's being sensitive to wobble, do you have any suggestions as to how I can remedy it?

I also need to know if anyone is breaking a gs300 as I need some little interior bits.

Many Thanks

The Murph

Welcome to LOC.

I would try the simple stuff for the wobble first and get your wheel balancing checked. Worth checking eBay for sellers breaking GS's, I've has some stuff from them and also the online breaker network sites.

Hello all,

Iv'e just bought my first lexus, a milano red 1998 GS 300, and it needs a lot doing! Do you know where I can source parts from a decent supplier, that wont cost the earth?

Also, the steering wheel wobbles at about 65mph, and although Ive read alot about the GS's being sensitive to wobble, do you have any suggestions as to how I can remedy it?

I also need to know if anyone is breaking a gs300 as I need some little interior bits.

Many Thanks

The Murph

The steering wheel wobble could be a number of things - firstly either get the wheels balanced or swop the rears to the front and see what happens. Check the discs, may be warped!?

Check these first, then let us know what happened

Phil