Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof Problem

hawk77

Hi everybody,

I've taken the sunroof linning of to retrim the whole car in black(I will post some pics) and my sunroof is playing up. It didn't work before but now it closes and than opens up and stays like that. All the sunroo electrics are disconnected and I thought that it might be the cause, otherwise I haven't got a clue. Really strange and quite anoying as the winter is comming our way and it doesn't look good.

Any help woould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. You said all the sunroof electrics are disconnected, so doesn't that mean your sunroof won't be functioning ? I've probably misunderstood, sorry.

Was the sunroof fine before you started taking everything apart ? If so then surely it must be to do with something that you've disturbed. The sunroof motor is up there in the headlining.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. You said all the sunroof electrics are disconnected, so doesn't that mean your sunroof won't be functioning ? I've probably misunderstood, sorry.

Was the sunroof fine before you started taking everything apart ? If so then surely it must be to do with something that you've disturbed. The sunroof motor is up there in the headlining.

I am sorry mate, it's 00:15 here and I had a loooong day. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :yawn: In order to take the lining of I had to disconnect the electrics including the sunroof. After I took the roof lining off, I connected the sunroof on. The sunroof wasn't working before(a loose wire or something). Now when I managed to make it work, with all the roof electrics off but the sunroof ones, it closes and it opens up again. It doesn't stay in the close position. i am a bit confused. I really need this fixed otherwise I am stuffed, so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

I've just found this:

"Sliding roof always re-opens (anti trap function)"

Increase the foce by running the sliding roof again manually by pushing and holding the close switch within

10 sec.( Try max 3 times )

When the sliding roof starts reversing ( Resistance becomes greater due to the deformation of seal.),

press the switch and hold it. So reverse force increases, then the sliding roof can be closed.

First time : Reverse with force of 100N

Second time : Reverse with force of 150N

Third time : No jam protection function

* Press the switch within 10 seconds after the roof has started reversing.

Otherwise, sliding roof ECU returns to the un initialized condition.

If this fails it reccomends trying...

*Reinitialize

When the sliding roof does not stop at the normal position, ever

though the above operations have been performed, resetting is necessary.\

*Reinitializing method

(a) Move the sliding roof to the maximum tilted position.

( Release the switch, press the switch again and hold it for 10 secs.

© The sliding roof operates in a cycle of TILT DOWN " SLIDE OPEN " SLIDE CLOSE " TILT UP.

This completes reinitializing.