Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Speakers

ATEEK

As it says in the title,

I currently have oem front speakers but looking to get new ones for better sq with my pioneer avic f900bt head unit

which speakers do you have, did you have trouble replacing them?

I have Alpine sps 171a component speakers in the front. They were straight forward to fit you need to drill out the old ones and then use a adpater or make a baffle from mdf to install the new.

They sound really good especially when you amp them. A good upgrade from oem i think.

i can definatley say that MB quart, make superb speakers asi have mentioned before!

i have the qsc216 which are excellent and not heared as good a speaker in a long time.. Aaron bout the rua (i think) and hes very happy with em too!!

if there is enough interest i may be able to speak to the distributor about a group buy..

i can definatley say that MB quart, make superb speakers asi have mentioned before!

i have the qsc216 which are excellent and not heared as good a speaker in a long time.. Aaron bout the rua (i think) and hes very happy with em too!!

if there is enough interest i may be able to speak to the distributor about a group buy..

yep extremely happy with mine :winky:

I got Hertz DSK165s in. I was recommended them buy the audio shop guys as i wasnt going to fit a sub and it has very good bass. They said they would sound like having a sub - but i wouldnt go that far lol. I've matched them with the Hertz DCX690s in the rear and it sounds great.

For the fronts i just cut out the oem speakers from the mount and then drilled into it to mount the Hertz ones. There is a guide somewhere on here for it. For the tweeters i removed the oem ones from their mount and attached the new ones to it. Pretty simple once i'd done the first door :P The crossovers fitted easily under the door card.

They are about £75 though.

Ed

I've done my fronts rears and head unit, and to be perfectly honst. The front speakers were the hardest bits to sort!

I have plumbed for using the old speakers as mounts. But its not just that, I replaced the tweeters too. And then you got to wire it all in and find somewhere for crossovers.

It was a real pain in the arse, but well worth it. I used Vibe speakers in front and rear, and they are ***** hot.

Bit of an audio-phile, and they sound crisp and clear through their whole range.

If anyone needs any help in fitting just let me know. :)

the fronts arent that difficult if your using the oem amp.

you just use the wiring from the oem speaker to your crossover. the crossover should fit just under the mount for the armrest.. my crossover is huge and if mine fits then most other should to.

you can use the orginal mounts or buy from Halfords but a much better soloution is to use an mdf baffle ( just draw around the oen mount and cut out on 18mm mdf) Whatever you chose, you will need to drill out the original rivets.

Vibes are by no means an 'audiophile' speaker but are good on a budget. Again if you want good then the MB Q series are the among the best.. to get better your getting into morel, Hybrid audio and then some real esoteric speakers at well over 1k a speaker.

If your thinking to use a seperate amp and have a sub then i would also say to ditch the rears and spend that budget on better equipment. Ask anybody whos beenin my car, it sounds much better..

wooohooo realleasy then, im looking forward to this

having an is200 s (the most basic with no amp) would be an advantage wouldnt it?

or will i need to buy an amp for the front speakers aswel.

i better just let you all know what i intend to do

1.replace oem front spekers ... will i need an amp?

2. replace 6*9s from the back.. will i need an amp?

3. subwoofer (i will need an amp)

so how many amps all together will i need

or just 1 big amp to power .... erm.. wich spekers will i need to power from 1 big amp an how do i do the wiring

sorry to ask so many questionss

1. not needed but better sq if you do.

2. as above.if using a sub and amps iwouldnt bother with these as they spoil the sound stage.

3. yes. amp needed

you could use a 4 channel amp to run the fronts and bridged to run a sub. if you want to amp the rears then either a monoblock and 4 channelor a single 5 channel.

all depends on budget and what it is that your after.

i have a vibe active sub and if i change the font speakers i would just need a amp for them any idea which amp.

bit of an open question..

budget?

what speakers are you using?

at the moment budget aint a issue as im going to save up and buy it the more it cose the longer it would take to save up lol

i am thinking think to buy those ones you showed me for £369

if your looking at the qsc216 then i would say either a jl 300/2 or 300/4 (you then have scope to upg in the future) or alternatively the MB quart pab 2100.

wel REDZ_UK

because you know the a-z in audio il let you chose my system for me

i would like to change the front 6.5's

and install a subwoofer

I’m looking for a good sound quality system

For a sub and amp my budget is around £600 depends on how good the system is

For the fronts about £150ish

I would really like some good sq in the car, I’m thinking JL w6 but can’t find none and they are expensive or Orion hcca (sql) not to keen on it though. (Don’t know much about this stuff so open to your recommendations)

Amp you choose

I don’t get the ohm and all that so you choose me the system and ill buy it :) oh and I don’t want to take up too much boot space

Thank you very much!!!!!

looking forward to your post lads

B)

not to jump in on yur thread guys but its along the same lines >>>

what did you log use to connect the tweeters and main speakers or did you connect them to the same output from the stereo? Just sking as my mate brought a set of speakers with tweeters and they came with a sort of power /balancing pack // you connect the power pack to the stereo and then the speaker and twweter to that and its ment to balance the sound level and freqency right for each speaker as the tweeter is more treble then the subwoofer speaker

well thats what he told me anyways

wel REDZ_UK

because you know the a-z in audio il let you chose my system for me

i would like to change the front 6.5's

and install a subwoofer

I’m looking for a good sound quality system

For a sub and amp my budget is around £600 depends on how good the system is

For the fronts about £150ish

I would really like some good sq in the car, I’m thinking JL w6 but can’t find none and they are expensive or Orion hcca (sql) not to keen on it though. (Don’t know much about this stuff so open to your recommendations)

Amp you choose

I don’t get the ohm and all that so you choose me the system and ill buy it :) oh and I don’t want to take up too much boot space

Thank you very much!!!!!

looking forward to your post lads

B)

with a w6 you will need a big box to accomodate it and at least a 500w rms amp.. as for the orion, they are very inefficient..

i think a single 12 should do you fine..

what HU do you have?

not to jump in on yur thread guys but its along the same lines >>>

what did you log use to connect the tweeters and main speakers or did you connect them to the same output from the stereo? Just sking as my mate brought a set of speakers with tweeters and they came with a sort of power /balancing pack // you connect the power pack to the stereo and then the speaker and twweter to that and its ment to balance the sound level and freqency right for each speaker as the tweeter is more treble then the subwoofer speaker

well thats what he told me anyways

sounds like a crossover??

takes the input form the amp then splits it to the woofer and tweeter..