Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pics Of My Baby

Just realised that I've been terribly rude and not posted any pics of my baby that I picked up last weekend. Apologies for that.

So here, without further ado, I give you my luvvly IS200 SE.

car5.jpg

car7.jpg

car1.jpg

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car6.jpg

These photos were taken by the garage I got the car from... not had a chance to take any photos of the car myself yet.

As you can see, it's a '05 SE - with a sport grille, which confused me initially. It's done just under 40k, with all the paperwork from those friendly people at Lexus in Bristol to confirm this. Need to think about getting it in for a full service, as the last service was done at 30k... hope it ain't gonna cost me too much.

Inside it's in a luvvly condition... absolutely spotless. The guy who was lucky enough to own it before me clearly didn't have kids :P

Apart from that, it's not been modded in any way and is pretty much just like it was the day it was born. I'm not sure whether to leave it as-is or to make any changes myself. I see people mentioning HIDs, so maybe I should consider doing that... dunno.

Anyway, just wanted to share the love. I can't think of a single thing I've purchased that has made me smile as much as my ickle Lexus does (except maybe my house but that doesn't count as the bank still owns that really).

lol@ bank still ownd my house

cars very nice and only 40 k on the clock is nice tooo how much did u pick it up for if you dont mind me asking

she is a beauty :)

Don't mind at all, mate. Got her for just shy of £8k, but I part-exed a '01 Citroën Xsara and got a little bit more than I was hoping for :)

Quite honestly Gareth if I had bought that car from a garage for that sort of money I would have said I will have it if you do a service and due to the current climate they would have done it no problem.

My wife has just bought an Astra with 16000 miles on it which she only paid £5950.00 and they gave her a new MOT plus a full service.

But very nice looking car I hope you get many miles of trouble free motoring out of it (But of course it is a Lexus beats all the other Mercs,BMW,Audi )

My car is 10 years old now 1999 GS300 Sport I bought it to replace my Merc but gets lots of comments on what a lovely car it is that did not happen with the Mercedes.

Norman

I thought that was your garage too :) hehe very clean looking and from the photos well looked after. I guess the baton has been passed to you to keep her well looked after :)

will you miss your Citroën Xsara? or have you already forgotten you had one already?

Heh, nope that's not my garage... those were from the Auto Trader advert. My wife is in Tokyo at the moment, and she has our camera, so I'm afraid the photos of the interior will have to wait until she gets back at the end of next week.

@ norlec, yeah, I probably could have got something extra if I'd haggled more. I think the problem is that I've had my heart set on a Lexus for ages, and I needed to get shot of the Xsara pretty quickly because of some issues it had developed which I didn't want to spend money on getting fixed (the central locking was playing up and my normal garage had a quick look for me and said it was gonna be expensive to repair). I had been to see several other cars near-by over the past few months, and each time I ended up missing out on getting them because someone would come along and offer the full asking price without any bargaining or haggling.

I missed out on a real beauty at the Jag garage here in Swindon cause I stuck to my guns and thought they'd budge on what they were asking for. From conversations I've had with various different people it seems that although the economy is completely fubar'ed at the moment, it has impacted the new car market moreso than the 2nd hand market, and that some dealers (including the guy I got the IS200 from) are struggling to find enough stock. One of the dealers (although not a Lexus dealer) I spoke to said that they've even started going to auctions... but as buyers not sellers, that's how high the demand for good 2nd hand cars is, whereas the new cars are gathering dust in the showrooms.

I think this was playing on my mind when I bought the car. I did do some haggling, and the guy increased what he'd offer me for my old car instead of decreasing the screen price of the Lexus. Not sure if that's to keep his balance sheets in good shape, or just some creative accounting thing going on... it still meant I had less to hand over, so I was happy. But, yeah, I think that deep down you're right and I could've been more aggressive. As it is, I let my heart rule instead of my head ;)

@ LOcKY, I've pretty much forgotten about the Xsara already. I did feel a bit emotional when I handed over the keys, but because I was getting what really is the car of my dreams (does that sound really sad?) I was happy and it made saying goodbye to the Citroën that bit easier. I think if I had been trading the Xsara in for a dull car like a Ford Mondeo then I'd have felt completely different. Not because the Xsara was any good - it was a basic car really, nothing special at all - but because I had got emotionally attached to it. As it is, I'm just as emotionally attached to the IS200 already, even though I've only owned it for a week, primarily because I've been dreaming about owning one for ages and have had my heart set on it for so long.

Does that make any sense?

Heh, nope that's not my garage... those were from the Auto Trader advert. My wife is in Tokyo at the moment, and she has our camera, so I'm afraid the photos of the interior will have to wait until she gets back at the end of next week.

@ norlec, yeah, I probably could have got something extra if I'd haggled more. I think the problem is that I've had my heart set on a Lexus for ages, and I needed to get shot of the Xsara pretty quickly because of some issues it had developed which I didn't want to spend money on getting fixed (the central locking was playing up and my normal garage had a quick look for me and said it was gonna be expensive to repair). I had been to see several other cars near-by over the past few months, and each time I ended up missing out on getting them because someone would come along and offer the full asking price without any bargaining or haggling.

I missed out on a real beauty at the Jag garage here in Swindon cause I stuck to my guns and thought they'd budge on what they were asking for. From conversations I've had with various different people it seems that although the economy is completely fubar'ed at the moment, it has impacted the new car market moreso than the 2nd hand market, and that some dealers (including the guy I got the IS200 from) are struggling to find enough stock. One of the dealers (although not a Lexus dealer) I spoke to said that they've even started going to auctions... but as buyers not sellers, that's how high the demand for good 2nd hand cars is, whereas the new cars are gathering dust in the showrooms.

I think this was playing on my mind when I bought the car. I did do some haggling, and the guy increased what he'd offer me for my old car instead of decreasing the screen price of the Lexus. Not sure if that's to keep his balance sheets in good shape, or just some creative accounting thing going on... it still meant I had less to hand over, so I was happy. But, yeah, I think that deep down you're right and I could've been more aggressive. As it is, I let my heart rule instead of my head ;)

@ LOcKY, I've pretty much forgotten about the Xsara already. I did feel a bit emotional when I handed over the keys, but because I was getting what really is the car of my dreams (does that sound really sad?) I was happy and it made saying goodbye to the Citroën that bit easier. I think if I had been trading the Xsara in for a dull car like a Ford Mondeo then I'd have felt completely different. Not because the Xsara was any good - it was a basic car really, nothing special at all - but because I had got emotionally attached to it. As it is, I'm just as emotionally attached to the IS200 already, even though I've only owned it for a week, primarily because I've been dreaming about owning one for ages and have had my heart set on it for so long.

Does that make any sense?

Glad to hear that your living your dream :) i always have the urge to clean it everyweek as it gets dirty but ive only given her the basic shampoo and wash treatment. I might spend all day tomorrow giving her the Autoglym Super Resin treatment and then wax to finish her off. Never done the Super Resin or wax before so i hope it turns out ok :( however i need to get the water ingress sorted on my front windscreen its very very minor at the moment but worried it might get much worse if i dont treat it now :(

oh remember.... dont use chamois cloth :P get a proper drying towel