Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Little Item I'm Making :-)

Been looking at fitting a boost gauge in my lex since fitting the charger, but didnt like the plastic gauge pods or piller pods that you can buy, :blink:

So as usual i thought i'd make my own? Its still not finished but thought i'd show you what i've done so far :D

How i started to make it?

Started with this at first, a block of oasis foam?

DSCF2273.jpg

Then made this out of it?

DSCF2275.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

I then covered that in fibreglass and when dry, i knocked it off the workbench and squashed it with my big right foot :blink::crybaby:

So had to start again :duh:

This time i made a wire mesh version of it and changed the shape, and covered it in tape to hold it in the shape i wanted,

DSCF2284.jpg

DSCF2283.jpg

Then started to make a cover out of leather (imitation) :)

DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2280.jpg

And this is what it looks like at the moment,

DSCF2294_edited.jpg

DSCF2289.jpg

DSCF2291.jpg

Just got to remove the staples and sew it together, trim and then glue it to the frame, and let it dry for a bit :D

Its nearly the same shape as the is200 dash, :)

What do you think guys? :)

That will look pretty good once it's all neatly sewn up and all - nice job! Where exactly is it going to go then? Gotta say though the imitation leather doesn't look great, is it really expensive to get real leather?

Are you just one of those guys who can make absolutely anything? :P :D

That will look pretty good once it's all neatly sewn up and all - nice job! Where exactly is it going to go then? Gotta say though the imitation leather doesn't look great, is it really expensive to get real leather?

Are you just one of those guys who can make absolutely anything? :P :D

Its going to sit just behind the sat nav unit matey in the centre of the dash, but have the option to put it on the right side of the dash if i decide too?

The imitation leather looks about right, I tried real and it looked too much for being on top of the dash? But its one of those things i can change if i need to? :)

Will put another pic up when its sorted and then fitted to see what you think? :)

With me mate its, if i cant afford it, or find it, i make it :lol:

Its going to sit just behind the sat nav unit matey in the centre of the dash, but have the option to put it on the right side of the dash if i decide too?

The imitation leather looks about right, I tried real and it looked too much for being on top of the dash? But its one of those things i can change if i need to? :)

Will put another pic up when its sorted and then fitted to see what you think? :)

With me mate its, if i cant afford it, find it, i make it :lol:

Fair point, true that it might look one way in the pics, and then up on the dash it might look completely different - will wait for the final pics :)

Well there's no point in paying for something when you can do such a good job of making it yourself! As others have said with your skills you could easily make a lot of money making custom parts :D

I've got a mental pic of you in my head, with you sitting at your sewing machine :lol: :lol:

But once I get away from that image, I must say it looks very good mate.

Any idea how you are going to fix it down mate ?

I've got a mental pic of you in my head, with you sitting at your sewing machine :lol: :lol:

But once I get away from that image, I must say it looks very good mate.

Any idea how you are going to fix it down mate ?

:lol: Cheers matey :lol:

Yeh where its going is just behind the sat nav screen and it fits very tight in that gap, between the glass and the dash so shouldnt move, but might stick a sticky pad on the bottom yet just to make sure but when the pipeworks in it should be pretty good :)

Was thinking of making a double or triple version but my Nav screens where i'd want to put it :duh:

Now what colour thread should i use :lol::whistling:

chris this is just rediculous! I havn't even fitted my charger and you are already making boost guage housings and the like. Have you not thought of the little people? :P

Aside from the joking it looks great - but you're right it might well look better without the padding. Small and sleek always the way. :)

Have to agree that your earlier version looked better, I'm sure you'll get it sorted though :)

I think the location looks good though, but does it get blocked when the satnav screen is up?

Yes matey, with the screen up its still in good view, :)

Then personally I'd keep it there as it looks really good, reminds me of the lap timers in the newer Porsches :winky:

Look forward to seeing it without the padding! :D