Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red Dwarf

thorien

Me too, so looking forward to it, it's also followed by 3 of the best episodes straight after:

Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Series 6, episode 3.

Quarantine. Series 5, episode 4.

Tikka to Ride. Series 7, episode 1.

I was really looking forward to this, but was really disappointed with the first two episodes as they weren't even slightly funny.............I'm so gutted!

Have they changed the writer or something? Especially when they followed up with such good classic episodes, not sure why they bothered if they weren't going to make them fantastic :shutit:

True, have felt a bit disappointed, no where near as good as the old classics, the two writers (Rob Grant and Doug Naylor) have had a bust up and no longer write togther, only one of them is writing for these, so you're only get 50% of the original team!

I found it strange that there was no laughter like in the older episodes which must have some kind of laugher track put in afterwards. The first episode was OK, but I thought the second one was pretty good. Hopefully the third one is even better. :)

I found it strange that there was no laughter like in the older episodes which must have some kind of laugher track put in afterwards. The first episode was OK, but I thought the second one was pretty good. Hopefully the third one is even better. :)

I think some of the older episodes were in front of a a live audience. I watched the Smeg-Ups program last night and they were getting laughs for the mistakes, or so it seems.

Not having an audience could make a difference - it must be much easier to do good comedy when you have an audience to play up to.

The 2nd episode was sometime of an extended advert I thought. Lots of shots of DVDs, boxed sets and loads of other RD paraphernalia. Still, better than nowt.

Malc