Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

told yesterday my rear brake light isnt working on my 97 gs300sport...........so went to change it and its completely encased, i assume i have to take the 3 bolts out of the back and then the light unit comes out.............is this correct

if its that much trouble, are the brake light bulbs standard ones from a "euro" bulb kit or if not, what do i need to buy/get

also as i live in portugal, what "toyota" parts will fit my car

lexus have only been selling in portugal for a short time so i am assuming they will have limited stock of old parts "if any"...........i have never seen a gs300 sport (mk1) since i moved here 7 years ago

told yesterday my rear brake light isnt working on my 97 gs300sport...........so went to change it and its completely encased, i assume i have to take the 3 bolts out of the back and then the light unit comes out.............is this correct

if its that much trouble, are the brake light bulbs standard ones from a "euro" bulb kit or if not, what do i need to buy/get

also as i live in portugal, what "toyota" parts will fit my car

lexus have only been selling in portugal for a short time so i am assuming they will have limited stock of old parts "if any"...........i have never seen a gs300 sport (mk1) since i moved here 7 years ago

They are standard bulbs for the brake light. Just remove the light unit (via the bolts), remove the bulb holder by turning it and then take the bulb to the motor factor shop nearest you. I'd buy 2 and do both!

Phil

It is a standard bulb, but not as we know it. It's a capless type - make sure it is well-seated and tested before you screw the assembly back.

This is an easy job, once you've done it once.