Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

220d Unhappy!

cbr1100xx

my 220d 2006 is doing 30 mpg at best! gearbox is worse than an old maxi i had 20 years ago the clutch is numb and gratety in feel it stuggles to keep up with traffic under 2500 revs puffs white smoke every now and then and the paint very soft hope potenial buyers read this post!!!! :angry: after a recall visit to lexus newcastle had one of there guys drive my car his verdict for poor respose below 2500rpm was poss egr valve in need of cleaning out or particulate filter? problem. car i was given was much better under 2500rpm felt the same above 3000rpm has anyone cleaned out their egr valve? and if so was it an easy job? and wot the hells the particulate filter and wheres it located? can it be cleaned? i can live with the cars other problems if i could just sort out the flat spots at low rpm any feedback welcome :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
my 220d 2006 is doing 30 mpg at best! gearbox is worse than an old maxi i had 20 years ago the clutch is numb and gratety in feel it stuggles to keep up with traffic under 2500 revs puffs white smoke every now and then and the paint very soft hope potenial buyers read this post!!!! :angry: after a recall visit to lexus newcastle had one of there guys drive my car his verdict for poor respose below 2500rpm was poss egr valve in need of cleaning out or particulate filter? problem. car i was given was much better under 2500rpm felt the same above 3000rpm has anyone cleaned out their egr valve? and if so was it an easy job? and wot the hells the particulate filter and wheres it located? can it be cleaned? i can live with the cars other problems if i could just sort out the flat spots at low rpm any feedback welcome :rolleyes:

2006 IS220d

Had the 5th injector replaced 3 months ago included with the recall ...I think stearing and back brakes???

2 weeks ago I started to do some investigation into the known problems.

Now last week Oct 28

VSC FAULT displayed then the car went into protect mode (no power above approx 2000rpm)

Now have been told by Lexus its the VGR valve.

Now I have to pay wait for it .........£640 !!!!! for the replacement.

The funny thing is I could see this

No more investigating for me.

2006 IS220d

Had the 5th injector replaced 3 months ago included with the recall ...I think stearing and back brakes???

2 weeks ago I started to do some investigation into the known problems.

Now last week Oct 28

VSC FAULT displayed then the car went into protect mode (no power above approx 2000rpm)

Now have been told by Lexus its the VGR valve.

Now I have to pay wait for it .........£640 !!!!! for the replacement.

The funny thing is I could see this

No more investigating for me.

Hello have they attempted to clean it out berfore writing it off? And whats the price of the part because you only get 43mins to replace them or .8hrs

when did you get your 220d?

my old one which i had on a pcp went back to lexus ealier this year and was sold at auction to lexus newcastle, i had the same problems which is why it went back early.

you never no it may be my old one, a black 220d reg K16 XUS

• 2 weeks later...

my old one which i had on a pcp went back to lexus ealier this year and was sold at auction to lexus newcastle, i had the same problems which is why it went back early.

ddd

ddd

Got the 22dd 2006

the reg is not the same

The lexus is back from the dealers

The EGR VALVE has been replaced

Cost £500!!!!!!!

The car is just out of warranty by 3000miles and by one month!!!

But what a difference.

Its like a new car.

It pulls from way down to all the way up.Very smooth.

Loads of grunt ...now feels like 180+ BHP.I can now over take at will!!!!!

Sixth gear now works from way below 60mph

I had a run from Cheltham to London.Half A roads and half motorway.Amazing drive for a diesel.

• 2 weeks later...

ddd

Got the 22dd 2006

the reg is not the same

The lexus is back from the dealers

The EGR VALVE has been replaced

Cost £500!!!!!!!

The car is just out of warranty by 3000miles and by one month!!!

But what a difference.

Its like a new car.

It pulls from way down to all the way up.Very smooth.

Loads of grunt ...now feels like 180+ BHP.I can now over take at will!!!!!

Sixth gear now works from way below 60mph

I had a run from Cheltham to London.Half A roads and half motorway.Amazing drive for a diesel.

• 2 weeks later...
got to agree about the deisel thing, the 220 was my first and last diesel, although i do have 8 renault master vans at work,

and not had any problems with them unlike the lexus

i think it would be great if someone could do an egr valve removal post with step by step photos and advise on any gaskets that need to be pre-orderd i think this would be a great help to many owners of 220s on this site :)