Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decided to go out this afternoon in my new (to me) LS430 for a run with the family just to see how she goes.

The keyless entry worked a treat. however when I came to turn the 'ignition switch' (no key) it wouldn't budge.

So I tried it with the key in - still wouldn't budge

Locked and unlocked the car a few times - still wouldn't budge.

got everyone out of the car and locked it and unlocked it - still wouldn't budge.

Got the spare master key - still wouldn't budge

locked unlocked with other master key - still wouldn't budge

So I decided to go back to the manual that I was reading last night - no clues as to why it wouldn't work.

I tried a few things mentioned in the manual and it was obvious the key was doing everything it should except allow me to turn the 'ignition switch'.

In desparation I eventually rang the Lexus dealer and explained my predicament. the woman on the other end (yes woman) told me it was probably the steering lock :rolleyes:

Sheepishly I returned to the car, moved the steering slightly and heard a click and the switch would then move. - needless to say my wife has not stopped telling people about the most complicated car in the world defeated me in a battle of intellectual wills.

so much for a pretty good understanding of cars and a Mensa level IQ.

ho hum

You see, all of this fangled technology is a pile of s :tsktsk: e really.........................

Back in the day, my Vauxhall Viva HA came with a starting handle should there be difficulty before starting a journey and failing that, it was light enough for you to push it on your own and then leap in and jump start it. Job done!

You see, all of this fangled technology is a pile of s :tsktsk: e really.........................

Back in the day, my Vauxhall Viva HA came with a starting handle should there be difficulty before starting a journey and failing that, it was light enough for you to push it on your own and then leap in and jump start it. Job done!

That's why the Vauxhall Chevette become known as the Vauxhall Chuvit then! :whistling:

Please engage brain in low gear before letting out the clutch and removing the steering lock!

Shouldn't laugh as when I collected my Celsior I forgot that you cannot remove the ignition key until you have put the car in park and then went on to tell the seller the lock was faulty!!!!!

When I pass my Commercial Pilots Licence Examination I may consider an LS460