Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Needed? What Would You Do?

Caught a lad last night around 1.30am trying to kick the wing mirrors off the cars in our street, both mine and the other halfs were booted and 8 others? by the time i had my trainers on he was a good 500 yards away from the house, but i chased him up the road and caught up with him as he got to his house, (lucky for him) :tsktsk:

So i now know who he is and where he lives? last night i probably would of battered the living daylights out of him if i'd caught him, but i'm trying to find a way of doing something about it legally, its happened to my car about 4 times in the past 4 weeks so getting a bit fed up with it now? :tsktsk:

What would you guys do? Do i just report it to the police and give his address (dont know his name yet!) Not sure what else i can do apart from the obvious which would probably mean me getting into trouble?

Will the police do anything about it?? I did think about posting a letter through his door this morning warning him that i know he did it and the rest of the street now know its him? :unsure:

He was lucky i didnt catch him last night, but in a way glad i didnt as it could of turned for the worse? Which i think he isnt worth the hassle of me being arrested! i'm not a violent person and dont like hassle but when its my property that i spend so much time trying to improve and spend a lot of money on, it makes me very mad when some idiot tries to ruin it :tsktsk:

What do you think would be the best cause of action to take??

Thanks for any advice given :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoot the scumbag lol. but on a serious note get as many of your neighbours together and gather as much evidence you can get from each of them, and then go to the plod when you have all the required evidence they should be more likely to act upon it as there are multiple witnesses/accusations. it worked for my old dear when a few kids were fighting outside our house few years back as they were bouncing off quite a few cars as they fought up the street.

hope your motors ok tho mate

You can always report it to Crimestoppers anonymously if you want. Or just call the police and report it to them yourself.

Don't do anything to get yourself into trouble, it's just not worth it. I can understand your feelings though, having had my car vandalised the other day and what I feel I'd like to do if I got my hands on the guilty party :tsktsk:

I imagine the police would have a word with him but I can't imagine them doing too much else.

Is there any damage ?Does he live with his parents ? If yes to both, i'd tell his parents if he/they dont pay up, you'll go to the police, depending on his age, his parents should take responsibilty, i know i would as a parent. Even if no damage occured, i'd still go down that route.

What a pity he didn't 'Fall over' and hurt himself when you were chasing him, maybe six or seven times with him being so clumsey :whistling: 'Honest Officer, he tripped and fell, six times' :whistling:

I would report it to the Police, even if they didn't prosicute him, he would know you were on to him and you've marked his card. Maybe when you see him again in the future, he could have a little 'talking to' :winky:

Is there any damage ?Does he live with his parents ? If yes to both, i'd tell his parents if he/they dont pay up, you'll go to the police, depending on his age, his parents should take responsibilty, i know i would as a parent. Even if no damage occured, i'd still go down that route.

i would have to agrred to Tommy's advise, if he lives with parents make them responsibile, not much the police would do, as not much evidence to link him to the crime and damage, get some evidence from neigbours, send the letter marked for the attend of his parents and then leave it at that, if nothing then send another letter stating you going to the police, what will certinal prompt them.

if he does not live with parents, then in a perfect world, i would go smach something of his up, and post a warning, but other then that, Police in my opinion is a waste of time, but still report it

What a pity he didn't 'Fall over' and hurt himself when you were chasing him, maybe six or seven times with him being so clumsey :whistling: 'Honest Officer, he tripped and fell, six times' :whistling:

I would report it to the Police, even if they didn't prosicute him, he would know you were on to him and you've marked his card. Maybe when you see him again in the future, he could have a little 'talking to' :winky:

As well as what's been said, i would tell the rest of the owners that have had their cars done to, then everyone will know where to look if it happens again :winky:

Best thing to do, is report it to the police, explain that you witnessed his causing the damage, that you took chase and where he went to.

And for next time, if he tries to do it again, get yourself a WIFI webcam and a bit of software to record only when it detects movement, and have that facing the drive so you've got him on camera should he do it again!

s..t mate,

well where i come from brum land,

we get a mate to sort it out,

that way we was in the pub with lots of people that saw me there :)

nah honestly now mate,

just do as the others said let him know that you and all the others that he damaged know who he is,

then tell him he as a month to pay everyone or you all go to the police.

at the end of the day mate its still a serious crime he commited,

Sorry to hear about that, it must be so fustrating!

How old is the boy?? Police are a waste of time! I wouldnt call them now unless my life depended on it!

My partner owns a fish and chip shop and back in July 2008, 3 youths came in, they was putting the tomato sauces off the counter in their pocket so he asked if they were going to pay for them, then they started to get abusive so he asked them to leave, one stood outside and put his foot in the automatic doors to stop them closing, still shouting abuse, so James (my partner) walked around the counter up to him and told him to go, i was stood next to him aswell, the boy carried on with the abuse etc, calling me a slag and every thing, not that we had ever seen them before!!

So any ways, the other 2 boys come out of the shop and stood next to their friend who was still blocking the door, he then punches James 3 or 4 times (knowing they are underage James just keeps walking towards them) another one of the friends join in and start bouncing around like Mike Tyson! and joins in, by this point James brother in law has seen what was happening, runs down from upstairs with some wood and chases one of them away from James, James pushes the other one on the floor, kicks him a few time :whistling: Although i think he has kept his cool pretty well by this point! the 3 lads run off down the road, theres a bit more of a scuffle down in a nearby road... by this point loads of people had stopped and the police had been called by more than 30 people!

Every police car in weston was there, and the police heli copter looking for them, one was found hiding in the chemist bin :sick: by a police dog, the other one was under a car and the other one got away to his nearby flat...

Cut a really long story short it all went to court in December 2008, We had CCTV of everything that had happend, the boy that started it was 16, the other one was 16 and the other one was 18.

In court we had to stand up on a stand infront of the skanky chavy lads with their skanky mothers and give evidence of what had happend. well i would never ever do it again. they twisted every word i said, their solicitors (because there was 3, one each) all would call you a liar, say it was James fault that it happend, they were just local lads that came to buy some chips and they were assaulted by James. THEY TWIST EVERYTHING!!!! its sickening.

I was on the stand being questioned for 3 hours and james was up there for about 6 hours. They tried to make out that butter wouldnt melt in their mouths and even said that we should be the ones in the dock for attacking these innocent youths :o :tsktsk: :megaangry: ,

After a 4 day trial, one lad got found NOT GUILTY and his skanky mother had cheak to stand up and claim costs of £10 a day lunch money although mc donalds was further to walk than their house!!!!!!!!! :huh: :tsktsk:

The other one (18 year old) Got found not guilty of assault and guilty of a public order offence and got a ridiculous fine!

And the ONE who originally started it got found GUILTY of public order offence and of assault

AND got a stupid thing of about a week on TAG

Well I had a phone 3 days ago, the lad who got found guilty of assault is apealing it and now we have to go to crown court and give all our evidence again infront of a judge in stead of magistrates..... :ohmy:

WHAT A :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: JOKE!!!

Sorry about the long post it just makes my blood boil thinking about youths today!!!

So..... if he is under 18 (or over!!) he would go to court, you would get treated like the you were the one that had commited a crime and he will walk away smiling because u cant proove it was him!

So its up to you, either deal with him your self, or record him doing it on camera and hope for the best....

BUT my opinion is the police and court systems are a waste of time!!!!! The police officer working our case even told us that the prisons are full so unless its a really serious offence they will get a smack on the wrist and told not to do it again!!!!!

Bearing this in mind, one of the lads that got found not guilty of assault on James, 2 weeks previous to everything happening, he put a 6 inch knife to James' Niece's throat (she had CCTV evidence and the police found the knife) and he went to court and got put on TAG for 3 months.

SO HOW seriuos has the offence got to be before something is actually done about it???... No wonder society is the way it is now!

Guest inicol63

If he has damaged your car and other all the people that had there cars damaged go to the police and the solictors and claim damages.

Or go around his place mob handed and say if he seen around the area again non of you will be responsible for your actions.

Lady that love lexus ( you could batter him lol)

ive seen the lad a few times walking around that assaulted James, and i think i should just pull over and smack him one but then i realize i would be putting my car in a bad situation, so thats not such a good idea lol :whistling:

But do you know, (police man told me this) That if you feel you are being threatened and you think your life is on danger you are well within your rights to smack some one and run!! so whos to say he didnt threaten you so you smacked him and ran! :whistling:

Im sorry but u wont get any where with police and courts they are crap!!! you are better off to just go to him and say he better pay up or else, and as for his parents, if they are anything like what the parents were like at the court, they will probably assault you them selves and then pat the kid on the back for commiting an offence! GRRRR!!!!!!

Why is it im only 20 and yet i wouldnt dream of dis respecting people like kids do now, it makes me sick.

Guest inicol63

ive seen the lad a few times walking around that assaulted James, and i think i should just pull over and smack him one but then i realize i would be putting my car in a bad situation, so thats not such a good idea lol :whistling:

But do you know, (police man told me this) That if you feel you are being threatened and you think your life is on danger you are well within your rights to smack some one and run!! so whos to say he didnt threaten you so you smacked him and ran! :whistling:

Im sorry but u wont get any where with police and courts they are crap!!! you are better off to just go to him and say he better pay up or else, and as for his parents, if they are anything like what the parents were like at the court, they will probably assault you them selves and then pat the kid on the back for commiting an offence! GRRRR!!!!!!

Why is it im only 20 and yet i wouldnt dream of dis respecting people like kids do now, it makes me sick.

'Ladies_Love_Lex' i only said batter him because your other half works in A fish shop lol

'Ladies_Love_Lex' i only said batter him because your other half works in A fish shop lol

OH!!! i was obviously a bit slow there! :whistling:

You are completly right Ladies_Loxe_Lex, and the parents would probally pat him on the back just as you said,

I see these teens walking around cuasing trouble, and I think to myself there just teens, but then I remeber Im only 21 but get on with life without the crap, so why cant they?? its how there bought up, and it sickens me.

I got it :D

@ Saraj - that's because you're in Nelson, and there's one heck of a chav element there!

I got it :D

@ Saraj - that's because you're in Nelson, and there's one heck of a chav element there!

tell me about it, and to be sorrounded by Burnley and Colne, you couldnt get worse, fortunally I live in a quite area of Nelson, and dont get much trouble, the odd smash and grab through cars, stolen hung up laundry, and now and again vandalism on cars, actually thinking about, it i do live in a crap area lol, 2 drug dealers went down the other year for 5 years and there live just down the street, and use to be in my school year. lol

I didn't realise there was much of that going off, last time I stayed at the place in Briersfield there was some stuff kicking off in the car park, this dude came in and knocked this bird over, made sure she was ok but he nearly got me too - he was a proper little faggot too!

There's a lot of nice places round there though, had a drive round one Sunday and went to places like Skipton, looked really nice - shame the chav element are bringing it down though!

Skipton very nice, Barnoldswick, and Barrowford are decent,

Colne i wouldnt go near, Burnley some area are right, but some since the riots many years ago are a mess, the only thing i really like in this area is the countryside, you can go for long cruises in very nice settings, good to push cars to the limit.

Skipton very nice, Barnoldswick, and Barrowford are decent,

Colne i wouldnt go near, Burnley some area are right, but some since the riots many years ago are a mess, the only thing i really like in this area is the countryside, you can go for long cruises in very nice settings, good to push cars to the limit.

I had some right fun on the road from Barrowford to Skipton :D

where I come from is full of chavs, i've been lucky not to get more than 2 scratches, and mirrors getting kicked off does happen here, if I knew who was behind it i'd have someone beat the shhhhhhhhit out of them, make an example out of them