Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Katayama Intercooler

Has anyone installed on their SC the Katayama intercooler? I read on TDI's webpage that it is custom made for the Lexus IS200 and it is much larger than the one TTE provides. Is it worth it installing or just stay with the TTE intercooler?

It is larger than the TTE one, but how "custom made" for the IS200 i'm not sure.

Any larger intercooler from eBay etc can have brackets welded on to fit the the IS200.

I know Yemgi has one on his IS and he experienced so pressure drop across it.

Have a search through DJ wozza's thread about his upgraded intercooler. Thats a good option to take without modifying the crash bar etc.

Stav

As above have a look at wzza's thread regarding ithe intercooler we fitted that in a few hours with only a little modification to the bar in front of the rad (not that important)

but very easy with an angegrinder or Hack saw just make sure you paint the area after you have done it

Rabs

Yeah i got the one TOM-18 posted off intercooler king for my SC kit - Scarily if i click on the link it says I have paid lol. It's a bit bigger than the TTE one and i paid £80 posted for it - Now it's £72.

I don't see that it would be worth it unless you do a lot of motorway driving in the summer (large airflow on a hot day.) For Dimitri it will be worth it due to a much higher average temp he will be driving in all year round. I bought it as the kit i bought did not have an FMIC with it. You will need reducers for that intercooler king FMIC to connect to the TTE piping.

Edit: This is Wozza's one as if you look at the 3rd picture down - isn't that Wozza's car mid install!!

Edit: This is Wozza's one as if you look at the 3rd picture down - isn't that Wozza's car mid install!!

LOL yeah it is! wonder if he knows? i assume he must have sent them the pic?

doubt'd you'll gget any power benefit,but as said, mightbe beter on hot days (if we ever get any, lol!!)

BTW, pretty sure you're confusing the katana intercooler and a katayama strut brace....

LOL i only just realised, these funny Japanese words :lol:

Yes it is my car, when I explained the application the guy was very interested in how I got on.

I sent him a pic & gave him permision to use it but only for the same one that I had bought.

The hoses were a very tight fit, but other than that it is all in my thread linked above.

He has made slight error in his listing, there are 3 mounting points not four on that particular cooler.

• 1 month later...