Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Drive In My 'new' Lexus

I picked up my Lexus LS400 from Peterborough yesterday. Gt Yarmouth was warm and sunny, Peterborough was cold, wet and rainy.

I though the car was black, but its a very, very dark green.

Its a 1997 P reg with 158K and I paid £1300 for it.

The drive back home was i torrential rain, but the car felt good and it felt good to drive a big old rear wheel drive beast with a bit of umph.

The only problems are :-

The auto mirror doesnt seem to work, as the button doesnt light up.

The air con isnt very cold, but has been recharged

The 'worst' problem is that there is a very slight tug in the steering, so I hope its just the alignment, but the car does feel a bit floaty at speed, almost wandering a bit.

The car has a fresh mot, so if anyone has any ideas Id appreciate it, or even it its normal.

Even the CD changer works, although the previous owner must have thought otherwise as the CD's were in the wrong way round.

There is water in the boot, so I need to lamp seals as well as mastic, or will matic only do the job?

Also does anyone know the tyre pressures for the 235/45/17 tyres, the manual doesnt list them, but they do seem to be Lexus alloys.

I look forward to a long commitment to this car, its seems to be in great condition for a 12 year old.

Thanks for any advice.

What a co-incidence, i purchased mine on Friday morning, 1996 Lexus LS400, same colour, very dark green, looks like black; 1996, all dealer history, 153,000 miles; first class condition, even supplied with all the mots, no issues other than broken aerial, which steve, the guy who sold it to me, gave me a new one, the lcd on the temp unit and radio doesnt work, but thats it, 1100 for the car but he put £800 worth of brand new alloys wheels and tyres and gave me the old set which again had brand new tyres, absolute bargain at £1500 all in. Well chuffed. The previous owner to steve was a member on here, the car has fully blacked out windows and Xenon lights on the front, great car to say the least. Will post pics asasp.

What a co-incidence, i purchased mine on Friday morning, 1996 Lexus LS400, same colour, very dark green, looks like black; 1996, all dealer history, 153,000 miles; first class condition, even supplied with all the mots, no issues other than broken aerial, which steve, the guy who sold it to me, gave me a new one, the lcd on the temp unit and radio doesnt work, but thats it, 1100 for the car but he put £800 worth of brand new alloys wheels and tyres and gave me the old set which again had brand new tyres, absolute bargain at £1500 all in. Well chuffed. The previous owner to steve was a member on here, the car has fully blacked out windows and xenon lights on the front, great car to say the least. Will post pics asasp.

Coicidence indeed!!!! Well my ariel works ok, and all LCD;s work correctly, but the alloys could do with being refurbed. I got plenty of paperwork as well, including the mighty cambelt change. Do you have the 17" onces on? The blacked out windows and xenons would be nice, and are on the list!

Right now though, I need to get the ATF changed, and the brakes judder a bit when slowing down hard from a high (ish) speed cough, cough.

Car came with Wolfrace Shark 18in alloys with the polished rims and brand new tyres, cost the guy 800 quid, he let me have them for 400 inc tyres; gave me the old set of lexus wheels as well, complete with tyres; so in all the car cost me 1500 all in; as i said previous, got to replace aerial and find out about the display on radio and air con not lighting up, its as if the bulb has gone