Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Lexus!

seolio

My names Nick, I have just bought an '05 Black IS300 and am amazed with it! I have owned only Mercedes in the past, a 190E and a new C320 until it unfortunately got written off recently. I decided to change to a Japanese car for more tuning potential and have always liked the IS shape and styling, it looks so aggressive!

Compared to the C320, ok it has an I6 instead of a V6 and is understandably slower, it has a few less gadgets than the Merc but the IS300 has a sportier chassis and I am beginning to like it more than the Merc everyday I drive it. It is a lot cheaper to maintain than the Merc as well.

I have just fitted a K&N Typhoon kit to it and it sounds beautiful now. So smooth and quiet still until you open it up. I did notice a big of lag in the accelerator as well, until I came across this forum and luckily used to mess about with RC cars, lol and had a shock spacer lying around. That has to be the cheapest and most worthwhile mod I have done to a car.

I run an owners club for Mercedes W201's and am a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club as well, as they are an amazing bunch of people. What I have read on this forum so far, you are all as friendly and helpful as the guys I know from other forums and hope I can settle in here as I did on the other sites.

Plans of turbo'ing or supercharging her are in sight, once I get some advice from you :winky:

I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Cheers, Nick

Cheers guys for the warm welcome :D that's some interesting stuff on supercharging...thanx....doesn't look bad, but expensive so may have to wait a couple of months, lol

I will get some pics up soon, such rubbish weather I haven't had chance to get any good ones!

Hi mate, would you be able to take a picture of your typoon kit fitted as im trying to decide what intake kit to use on my 300 thanks.

Yeh no problem bud! I will do it tomorrow as long as it isn't raining.

Welcome to the club mate, sounds a lovely car you've got yourself.......am a member on the Mercedes club forums myself actually but haven't been on there in a while, but yes they're a friendly bunch over there as we are over here :winky:

Thanx for all your welcomes!! :D

I got more welcomes on here than on any other forum. lol

I will try and get some pics up this week, it really isn't much different over standard at the moment, but that will be changing ;) Not that it doesn't look amazing as it is.