Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Approved Used Is200 Sport Missed 30k Service

I'm about to buy a W-plate approved used IS 200 Sport Astral Black with 42k on the clock :D but the car missed its 30k service.

I know this is only a minor service, the dealer is doing the 40k service before I pick the car up and apparently "approved used" cars are allowed to miss one service. But... should I be worried about anything??? Especially future resale value - I imagine I will keep the car for at least 3 years and 30k miles?? Should I be looking get something off the price?

I reckon this is one of those things where the dealer says it is fine when he sells you the car, but when you want to sell it him back it will be a big problem.

I would avoid it mate, there are plenty more where that came from.

Don't touch it with a barge pole.

There are plenty of other IS200s with a full service history. If I was buying the car from you I wouldn't touch it if it had missed a service. The dealer is just trying to talk it down.

As long as the dealer does the 40K mile service before you pick it up, they will honour any warranty claim you may need to make in the future...

The 40K service is a "biggy" and will cover alot more area's than the 30K. If the dealer carries out the service they should cover everything that was on the 30K service anyway, and more.

Did it miss a 30K service altogether, or was it done somewhere else?????

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

Duncan - it missed the 30k altogether... I thought that the 40k would pick up everything that should have been done in the 30k, but without the stamp in the book I'm concerned that I wont be able to get a decent price when I come to sell it on, even if I maintain the service history...

Missed 30K service and now at 42K so it has had the same oil in for 22K, not really a good idea even if they did use a good oil at 20K. (Tribology!!)

As Supercharged says, get them to stamp the 30 and 40k service book. If you are keen on getting the car, get them to put in writing that they have done a full service and will honour the warranty in case of any future issues.

I agree with claire .If they will not do it don,t buy it .I think that dealers make the rules up as they go along bet it would be a different story if you were trading in a car that had missed its service

OK I chickened out of buying that one! I've found another Astral Black IS 200 Sport that I'm off to view on Saturday. Fingers crossed its ok and I should be able to take delivery sometime next week...

Thanks for your input everyone.