Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I own an IS220D when I bought it 1 year ago the sat nav used to transition from day to night even when crossing a tunnel, recently this function seems to have been lost, i have checked the manual and Im supposed to have an icon on the touch screen that allows me to turn this function on, however this does not appear. does anyone know or has had this problem how this can be resolved? having the bright display during night driving is uncomfortable. Taking into account you can buy a cheap portable sat nav which has this feature as standard I cant understand why after all that extra money paid this does not funtion properly.

Thanks

Hi,

I think you'll find that you can activate it through the menu's on the screen but to make it automatic you have to play with the thing that adjusts the brightness of the light of the speed dials etc. which is located to the right of the steering wheel (on RHD cars)

I can't remember if you have to turn it till it clicks for it to be automatic or turn it till just before it clicks..have a play you should be able to figure it out.

hope this helps..

I own an IS220D when I bought it 1 year ago the sat nav used to transition from day to night even when crossing a tunnel, recently this function seems to have been lost, i have checked the manual and Im supposed to have an icon on the touch screen that allows me to turn this function on, however this does not appear. does anyone know or has had this problem how this can be resolved? having the bright display during night driving is uncomfortable. Taking into account you can buy a cheap portable sat nav which has this feature as standard I cant understand why after all that extra money paid this does not funtion properly.

Thanks

There is a dimmer underneath the steering wheel on the right. Make sure it is not turned all the way clockwise (it clicks when it is at its maximum). That should fix it.

Thanks

maybe a lose connection.

Hi there,

Mine did the same thing, first thing to check - cover the light sensor with a cloth (it's a small round shaped forward of the main dashboard) - that will put the lights/nav into night mode, then press the "disp" button and you will see a new button appear on the display - day mode...if on press to switch off.

That did not fix the problem with mine and the entire nav unit was changed, thankfully under warranty....

Hope that helps.

Thanks

There is a dimmer underneath the steering wheel on the right. Make sure it is not turned all the way clockwise (it clicks when it is at its maximum). That should fix it.

This is the answer you are looking for (hopefully). I had the same issue with my sat nav. It does say this in the manual for the sat nav ( somewhere!!)

Thanks guys for your prompt response and help, cant remember touching the dial though, could have been one of my kids! will try straight away, car still under warranty !

Thanks again, thumbs up for the lexus owner forum!!!!!

Thanks guys for your prompt response and help, cant remember touching the dial though, could have been one of my kids! will try straight away, car still under warranty !

Thanks again, thumbs up for the lexus owner forum!!!!!

Hi guys me again, just want to say thankyou, I tried your instructions and sat nav now working fine, better than the official dealers who are supposedly still looking into the matter and have been doing so for over a month, funny its took you guys five minutes to solve the issue for me.

Thanks again your all stars!!!!!!!

lexus dealers are very slow and lazy.

even if the issue is now sorted and it took this forums suggestions minutes Im still going to keep on chasing though to see with what story they come up with, bet you they come up with a huge story of having to replace the unit etc.... also bet it takes them forever!!!