Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

40mpg In My 400h

On a family day out to Oxford, I managed to get 40mpg on the trip home to London.

This was 60 miles, avoiding motorways. This is two year old, "07", RX400h and I'm very pleased.

Admittedly you have to be light on the pedal. But I imagine there's a benefit here as well - your not straining the engine, which should reduce ware and tare.

40mpg is rare but I'm normally get around 35mpg and above.

On a family day out to Oxford, I managed to get 40mpg on the trip home to London.

This was 60 miles, avoiding motorways. This is two year old, "07", RX400h and I'm very pleased.

Admittedly you have to be light on the pedal. But I imagine there's a benefit here as well - your not straining the engine, which should reduce ware and tare.

Proud of you, keep it up. (As the actress said to the Bishop)

That's really good. Is the driving mainly on the flat? What is the mileage on your car i.e. how nicely has everything bedded in now?

I took my RX350 to Holland a couple of weeks ago and was getting 29 mpg - because the roads are flat! At home in hilly Yorkshire, economy was killed back down to 23 mpg. In contrast, I am currently getting 31-34 mpg on the same roads in the new RX400h. Type of roads makes a big difference, as does driving style. And that goes for any car.

That's really good. Is the driving mainly on the flat? What is the mileage on your car i.e. how nicely has everything bedded in now?

I took my RX350 to Holland a couple of weeks ago and was getting 29 mpg - because the roads are flat! At home in hilly Yorkshire, economy was killed back down to 23 mpg. In contrast, I am currently getting 31-34 mpg on the same roads in the new RX400h. Type of roads makes a big difference, as does driving style. And that goes for any car.

Oxford to London is fairly flat, just gentle hills (no mountains in sight).

The car is almost 2 years old and it's done around 13,000 miles.

My wife just drives to get from point A to point B - she normally gets in the mid to high twenties.

Which is still a big improvement over the RX300, where she averaged around 18mpg.

Is this an OBC figure that you are quoting - giving part consumption based on one journey?

Reason I ask is that the quoted 'extra urban' figure for the 400h is 37.2MPG - and apart from my Fathers PUG 405 XUD - I don't of anyone who gets even close to these 'quoted' figures. If you truly want to know what you your true MPG is, then brim it now and work it out. I'll bet you get no better than 32MPG.