Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Cable Trough The Bulkhead, Help?

Does anyone know how to get a power cable for my amo through the bulkhead? ie, a goo hole or anyway of gtting it through, i cant seem to see anything that will work, any help would be great folks!!

Chris

its behind the battery mate

Nice rubber buged hole you can cut a small tab away

Rabs

Nice one mate, got it through just fine. Im assuming you have an amp in your boot, where abouts are the adaptors located for the amp bypass cable? I can see the amp behind the glove box no bother but the 2 plugs i can see dont match the plug on end of the bypass cable. Do I need to remove the Lexus amp to get to the plugs?

Cheers for the help!!!

Here you go matey this might help you a bit? :) CLICK ME!

Yeah cheers everyone, found the post about removing the amp, giving it a shot tonight. There was one other thing if anyone could help, whats the best way of feeding the cables from the Battery and headunit to the boot. Is it best to lift up the plastic srtips running between the carpet and door sils? Will that allow me to run the cable to the boot easily enough?

Just pop the door sill trims up matey, they just pull up and feed the cable underneath, the part where the seat belt is also unclips but only need to unclip the bottom bit and you should be able to slide the cable through the gap :)

Got all my cables from my headunit throught to the boot really well today, made a decent job at it so pleased with that. But when I turned on my headunit and turned up the volume, it seemed that the bass load was still coming through all the speakers instead of most of it going through the sub, ive fiitted the amp bypass cable, but was wondering if maybe that cable isnt designed to be used with a sub and external amp, does any know much about this?

bass will still come through all speakers unless you use high pass filters on the speakers..

Yeah I expected that but I thought having the sub would have taken a lot of the load of the door speakers etc. I had the same sub and amp in my old fiesta with stock speakers and the sound was alot better, im starting to think it might be my headunit that isnt all that powerfull, i think im gonna send it back anyway as it doesnt feed cds in, only got it out the box yesterday!! :duh:

bass will still come through all speakers unless you use high pass filters on the speakers..

Yeah I expected that but I thought having the sub would have taken a lot of the load of the door speakers etc. I had the same sub and amp in my old fiesta with stock speakers and the sound was alot better, im starting to think it might be my headunit that isnt all that powerfull, i think im gonna send it back anyway as it doesnt feed cds in, only got it out the box yesterday!! :duh:

It would sound completely different in a Fieata,

thats a small hatchback and the IS is a large saloon with bulkhead.