Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What A Nice Bit Of Skirt!

Rob's Lexx

how many opened this thread expecting something else?? :whistling::lol::lol:

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

anyhow, finally got round to picking my rear skirt up and must say a big thanks to chris (aztec) for having a damn good go at spraying it up for me. by all accounts it was a real PITA and without having my car to colour match it to it seems to have turned out really well

so now i need to get round to fitting it....here are the inevitable questions....

i presume i'll have to remove the mudflaps on my IS to fit the rear skirt?? is that just the case of undoing a couple of bolts?

how do i attach the skirt to the rear bumper?? on the skirt itself there are 2 attachment holes at the back and 1 on each side - am i right in thinking these just attach through the current holes attaching the bumper to the car?? can i just use the existing bolts that are there as i don't have any sort of 'fitting kit' with the skirt.

There is one small hole on either side of the skirt where i presume it attaches to where the mudflap should be - just a case of screwing that in using one of the existing screws/bolts??

finally, will i need some sort of bonding tape to seal it flush with the bumper? if so, any reccomendations??

sorry for all the questions, but never fitted any body styling skirts etc so completely blind to it all and don't wanna pay a bodyshop to do it if it can be done easily by myself??

cheers in advance

rob

Nah i knew it'd be that skirt Aztec was doing for you.

he's complained about it enough :lol:

haha, yea he was saying it almost ended up in the compost heap after the top coat kept reacting with the primer or something along those lines...

come out well though and much appreciate his time on it :) don't know exactly how the colour match is, but seemed pretty good when i held it up to the rear bumper - will know better when i've fitted it. not a biggy if its a little off as its only a small lip.

eager to get it fitted and crack on with the front ;) :winky:

What a disappointment this thread is! And for the rest of you that are disappointed - let's have some proper skirt - let's start with that fit bird off 24 :D

340x.jpg

Ah that's much better :lol:

What a disappointment this thread is! And for the rest of you that are disappointed - let's have some proper skirt - let's start with that fit bird off 24 :D

340x.jpg

Ah that's much better :lol:

Mmm much prefer the original 24 Skirt:

elisha_cuthbert_bikini_top_skirt.jpg

i presume i'll have to remove the mudflaps on my IS to fit the rear skirt?? is that just the case of undoing a couple of bolts?

how do i attach the skirt to the rear bumper?? on the skirt itself there are 2 attachment holes at the back and 1 on each side - am i right in thinking these just attach through the current holes attaching the bumper to the car?? can i just use the existing bolts that are there as i don't have any sort of 'fitting kit' with the skirt.

There is one small hole on either side of the skirt where i presume it attaches to where the mudflap should be - just a case of screwing that in using one of the existing screws/bolts??

Yes the mudflaps have to come off

use a good quality doulble sided trim fixing tape at the top of the skirt

and just use the 4 nuts and bolts that i left in the skirt for you, they are the fitting kit !

Yes the mudflaps have to come off

use a good quality doulble sided trim fixing tape at the top of the skirt

and just use the 4 nuts and bolts that i left in the skirt for you, they are the fitting kit !

Hello again Chris :D I've still got his fitting kit here :lol: will try and get it too you Rob :)

Ahh ok cheers chris and chris.lol. How dies that fitting kit duffer to just using whats on the car?

What about securing the ends where the mudflaps would be?there's a small hole each side, but im not sure on hows best to attach it?

I'll look on the bay 2moro for some of this trim tape-is it like poop to a blanket so no room for error?

Ahh ok cheers chris and chris.lol. How dies that fitting kit duffer to just using whats on the car?

What about securing the ends where the mudflaps would be?there's a small hole each side, but im not sure on hows best to attach it?

I'll look on the bay 2moro for some of this trim tape-is it like poop to a blanket so no room for error?

Yes mate the 3M stuff i used is very sticky, and as soon as you touch the bumper thats it :shutit:

once the rest is fitted you need to drill 2 small holes in your bumber using the small holes as a template at the end of the skirt, its just a matter of adding a couple of small self tapper screws. the ones holding the mudflap on should be sufficient

BTW Chris I love the "oh I got those here " :o

lol, to be honest, we only arranged meeting last minute and considering how long it took to actually get round to meeting up i'm surprised they are not buried beneath some metal polishing gear :lol: B)

@ chris s, you mention drilling 2 small holes.....presume that's one per side then matey??

aye, thatd be great chris. if its something i can fit myself then im gonna give it a go as dont see the point paying the bodyshop to do it....

cheers for the offer of the tape matey - could i get more from lexus then if needed??