Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aircon Service

Asi

Also as a pointer to check your aircon is gassed look at the aircon pipe with the grey cap on by your passenger side headlamp.

Look into the little window while the aircon is running, if there is aircon gas in the system you will see bubbles in the window

asi mate i've got air con cleaner at my house when you come to get your hoses and pads done i'll spray some down the vents!! :winky:

Also as a pointer to check your aircon is gassed look at the aircon pipe with the grey cap on by your passenger side headlamp.

Look into the little window while the aircon is running, if there is aircon gas in the system you will see bubbles in the window

Ah, so thats what it is..always wondered what it was for. I always wipe away the dirt from the glass thinking it's blocking something that is light sensitive lol

• 3 weeks later...
smell is due to the bacteria that is living in the evaporator - go to halfords and get a can of air con cleaner - the aerosol type and not the one with the long tube.

job done

has anyone used kwik fit to service air con ? are they ok to use ?

smell is due to the bacteria that is living in the evaporator - go to halfords and get a can of air con cleaner - the aerosol type and not the one with the long tube.

job done

has anyone used kwik fit to service air con ? are they ok to use ?

personally i would stay away from quick fit.

not being funny but main dealers charge the same as quick fit and they know what they are doing.let quick fit do what they do and let them fit tyres and exhausts.

not being funny but main dealers charge the same as quick fit and they know what they are doing.let quick fit do what they do and let them fit tyres and exhausts.

yep i would stick with main delaer mate.

yep i would stick with main delaer mate.

thanks for the advice. i'll stay away from them then !

I had mine done by Kwick fit 2 weeks ago and it was half the price of lexus, took 1 hour and the car is nice and cold again

lexus wanted £100+vat to

Toyota wanted £99 all in

Kwick Fit wanted £45 All in

they seemed to know wot they were doing and i have no problems with it now

well only one problem they didnt put my caps back on the 2 aircon pipes only noticed it last weekend somehow doubt they would have them still so ill get some new ones

Rabs

I had mine done by Kwick fit 2 weeks ago and it was half the price of lexus, took 1 hour and the car is nice and cold again

lexus wanted £100+vat to

Toyota wanted £99 all in

well only one problem they didnt put my caps back on the 2 aircon pipes only noticed it last weekend somehow doubt they would have them still so ill get some new ones

Rabs

cheers rabs. yeh lexus are twice as dear and 4 times as far ! think i,ll give kwik fit a try !

lexus wanted £100+vat to

Toyota wanted £99 all in

Rabs

cheers rabs. yeh lexus are twice as dear and 4 times as far ! think i,ll give kwik fit a try !

what toyota you going too???????????????

i work for a main dealer(toyota) and we charge £49 all in for a air con service!!!!!!!

and its not just us either the other toyota on the other side of edinburgh charges the same!!

oh and so does the one in Dunfermline.your dealers must have really really big windows..........they seen you coming.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well what can i say its london pricing they think were all rich or something i could probably have got it done cheaper with LOC discount and my m8s dicount

but they waiting time was like 2 weeks kwick fit did it same day no hastle

Rabs

How did it go with Kwik-Fit? I think mine needs doing too, as it's not as cold as it used to be... And the local Kwik-Fit in Epsom has a board up outside advertising an aircon service for £45.

How did it go with Kwik-Fit? I think mine needs doing too, as it's not as cold as it used to be... And the local Kwik-Fit in Epsom has a board up outside advertising an aircon service for £45.

havn,t taken it in yet. i,m going to go one day this week. i,ll let you know how i get on !

They stick a vacuum pump on the low pressure side of the air-con system, and suck out all the existing (or 'remaining'!) refrigerant and lubricant. The very low pressure also allows any dissolved water vapour to boil out, which is then removed by vacuum also. Once the whole system is cleared, fresh refrigerant and lubricant is added to the correct pressure/quantity for the system. They then run the system to check the temperature of the outlet air is cold, like it should be.

If you or they suspect a leak then they should run a test with some flourescent dye to see where the leak is. However, if your car is a few years old, it's probably not actually leaking it out fast, and just needs a top up.

Depending where you go and how much you pay, they may also clean the evaporator unit with an antibacterial spray. Since the evaporator is covered in condensation most of the time, the damp makes it go manky and smelly...

the air con machine gets connected to the high and low pressure side.also would advise changing the polin filter(not inc in the price)but the antibacterial spray should be inc in the price.