Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aircon Service

Asi

right. have just been to kwikfit to have the aircon sorted. i was there for 45mins seen straight away and the aircon is blowing a lot colder. couldnt fault them in any way !!!! oh and it cost £45. lexus wanted £99.

right. have just been to kwikfit to have the aircon sorted. i was there for 45mins seen straight away and the aircon is blowing a lot colder. couldnt fault them in any way !!!! oh and it cost £45. lexus wanted £99. just had an email from lexus and it,s gone up to £125, but that includes filter !

The process of re-gassing the A/C is pretty straight forward and automated (from what I have seen and know). Not much to go wrong really, but it can. The only issue with places like KwikFit is that you never know the competence of the person doing the job.

IF its done right then it will be great...however if it goes wrong...well...it can be a pin to get right ;)

I think these places offer some genuine value for money services; but it can be a bit of a lottery.

just gave my car its 3500 mile oil and filter change while i was doing that gave my aircon a wee service not done it in a year glad to find it had only lost 50g of gas(thats nothing)

just gave my car its 3500 mile oil and filter change while i was doing that gave my aircon a wee service not done it in a year glad to find it had only lost 50g of gas(thats nothing)

yeh. when I had mine done kwik fit said it had lost 150 ! I just changed the pollen filter myself, the first mechanical thing i've ever done on a car LOL

yeh. when I had mine done kwik fit said it had lost 150 ! I just changed the pollen filter myself, the first mechanical thing i've ever done on a car LOL

when was the last time it was done?mate

when was the last time it was done?mate

I'm not sure as I've only had the car 2 weeks. I didn't ask the previous owner so I'd thought I'd get it done just for piece of mind. there were a few leaves twigs and petals in the filter so I'd guess it had been a while, if at all !

Given the automated equipment that the fitters have these days there is very little that they can do to muck up a straight forward recharge so it doesn't really matter if you go to kwikfit, Toyota or Lexus.. The level of expertise will be the same... The use of UV dye is limited, if the leak is big enough for the dye to show, then you can find the leak by looking for a damp patch and back your suspicions up with a garden sprayer filled with soapy water... Similarly the automated leak detection on some refrigerant management units are more of a gimmick as they cannot detect small leaks... Correctly diagnosing and detecting leaks takes a little more skill, but for a straight recharge these guys are fine..

If you haven't already done it, give your condenser a good rinsing off wit the garden hose to wash away any road salt that you may have collected over winter...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links