Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Makes The Original Is200 Discs/pads?

kev dood

Does anyone know what company made/supplied the original discs/pads for the IS200? I know there are plenty of other options around, but the originals are plenty good enough (just not as cheap!).

(i.e. KYB make the orig shocks, so who does the discs?).

Wow, now thats quick.

In your learnered opinion, would I be best to get the rebuild kit from Lexus or from some OEM spec company?

Also, same question for discs/pads - i.e. should I just go to Lexus, or can I get Lexus ones direct from the maker/supplier elsewhere (i.e. like Merc parts etc from Eurocar parts)?

I know the Mintex ones are common now, but hit and miss to get original ones and not knock offs from eBay. Plus the originals seems to last well and brake well enough.

Toyota supply Lexus parts then too - or are they common with one of their models?

I guess the price is exactly the same though. Still, saves me driving all the way to Reading Lexus if I can go to local Toyota.

Buy replacement discs and pads from www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk.

I paid £180 for a pair of front discs and pads (set) from lexuspartsdirect.co.uk. My local Lexus dealer (Leeds) wanted to charge me £220 for the same items. Go to lexuspartsdirect.co.uk, fill in a parts request form on their website and they will email you a quote.

Yep, came in Toyota packaging. Lexuspartsdirect do free next day delivery.

Edit: Lexuspartsdirect.co.uk are part of Lexus Swindon- in fact the invoice supplied with my parts had Lexus Swindon's details on (address, contact no's etc).

OEM pads produce a lot of dust, but it doesn't bother me- it give me a chance to wash the car more often!

Mintex do produce less dust than OEM pads according to what I have read on LOC- don't have 1st hand experience of this as I have never used Mintex pads.

I havent found any difference on the dust with Mintex, but then I do a lot of

stop start city driving so they do get used a fair bit.

And auto's are heavier on breaks than manuals. Well the couple of auto's I've had have been anyway!!