Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dyeing Seat Material

Hi

Like many people I have a half leather interior, but I was wondering whether the non-leather seat material can be dyed.

My problem is that my IS200 has a cream interior and the cream seat material is stained. Since the interior is a little bright for my taste anyway, I thought it might be possible to dye this material (which is also on the doors) a different, darker colour, giving a two-tone effect and covering the stains. Since my car is black, my initial idea was to dye this material black, but I don't think black and cream are a particularly good combination.

Has anyone else tried this, or even considered it?

Not sure anyone has tried it .... the problem would be keeping the dye from bleeding into the leather as suede dyes tend to have the consistency of water - guess its possible but think it will be a pretty tricky job.

Most people have either swapped the whole interior or cleaned what they have :)

Thanks Janey. I would consider swapping the interior for a black one, but sounds very expensive!

hey up matey, :offtopic: but where abouts in leicester you from??

I live in Thurnby Lodge

ahh nice one mate. be good to see you at a midlands meet when we next have one matey.

rob