Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brawn Gp Team Cleared By Fia

LexAzur

Don't know if you guy's have heard Brawn,Williams etc have been cleared today by the FIA, the diffuser has been declared legal for the 2009 season so all points stand and now the others teams have to stop bitchin and start playing catch-up

At last the FIA do something right

Excellent, let's put all this behind us now and get on with the racing :D

Although it's only a matter of time before Ferrari and co fit these cunning diffusers and catch up, part of me hopes that Brawn holds on to their edge :)

It might take a while for the others to catch up though, e.g. the diffuser even affects the design/shape of the gearbox, and don't forget the lack of testing between races !

I wouldn't be surprised if the big teams didn't already have one in development as soon as they saw them on other cars - a lot of work can be done in the wind tunnel so they tried fighting it but probably would have started work on it in case it fell through.

Yes, I'm sure you're right - they will be most of the way there already. And if they aren't, I should think the team bosses will be more than a little upset about the lack of planning for that eventuality!

Apparently Mclaren are running with a new "interim" diffuser already in China, and Renault have also brought a new one with them (but not run with it yet).

Haha, that's pretty speedy development if they only "just started" after Tuesday! :lol: