Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dodgy Mirror Or Dodgy Eyes

Hello, new member to club. Purchased an 07 220d three weeks ago.

Has anyone else had problems with their rear view mirror ? Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when i looked in the mirror doing 40 mph and

everything was blurry. Got worse when on the motorway doing 70 mph.

Fortunately others have driven my car and confirmed it's not my eyes that are failing.

its a common problem when they were first launched everybody complained, mines got 29k on it now and have got no vibration at all, it gets better over time

:whistling: bet your eyes have gone wobbly instead of mirror gtting better :blush: :winky:

There is a specific modified part for this at the dealers. Your car is under warranty, let them fix it. Mine was fixed but still vibrated a bit.

Hello, new member to club. Purchased an 07 220d three weeks ago.

Has anyone else had problems with their rear view mirror ? Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when i looked in the mirror doing 40 mph and

everything was blurry. Got worse when on the motorway doing 70 mph.

Fortunately others have driven my car and confirmed it's not my eyes that are failing.

Sure I read somewhere it was to do with stopping some of the vibration coming through form the diesel engine.. it dissipates via the windscreen.. not sure if it's true or not.

Anyway as mentioned previously take it back to the dealer there is a mod available under warranty, Edinburgh did mine no probs and I know that Glasgow have done others. So you should get sorted

Once sorted no issues even with stereo up full... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, new mirror fitted eventually(see topic ' First Impressions')

apparantly the problem was the mirror stalk was too long causing the vibrations.

No problems since.

Good to hear that your mirror has stopped vibrating. Can you please posts some pictures of the new stalk. I have the same problem, I have had 4 new mirrors but it is still next to useless and lexus GB don’t seem to be much help either. I would go to Glasgow but I live in London.