Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Damage!

Just had our usual thick bin men come and empty our bins, and one of the them dragged a wheelie bin across the front of my car again?

Last night i moved my car so that the gap was quite small between our cars, so they would have to go round the rear where there is loads of space so that they wouldnt drag the bins through the gap? But no the bloody pair of idiots dragged all 10 bins through the tiny gap between our cars,

Two weeks ago i ended up with a nice dent in the rear of my car which i have now pushed out :tsktsk:

I know my front skirt needs a respray, but thats besides the point :angry:

Just sent the local council a strong complaint with pictures, make me bloody mad :tsktsk:

DSCF2376_edited.jpg

DSCF2374_edited.jpg

Sorry for a morning rant but its really p'd me off today :tsktsk:

Blimey Chris you really are going through it lately aren't you :crybaby:

If the bin men did it then they should be liable, though Council may pass on it as most refuse companies are privatized now so maybe a case of going direct - maybe worth a check with neighbours to find out if anyone saw them doing it

Blimey Chris you really are going through it lately aren't you :crybaby:

If the bin men did it then they should be liable, though Council may pass on it as most refuse companies are privatized now so maybe a case of going direct - maybe worth a check with neighbours to find out if anyone saw them doing it

Yeh i saw him do it, and its the same idiot that put a dent in my car 2 weeks ago, Sent the local council a complaint with pictures, as thats who the bin men are contracted to, so will see what they say, :unsure: Maybe put me in touch with the company?? :unsure:

Seems to one of those things at the moment, I go 1 step forward and then someone takes me 2 steps back again just through stupidity :angry:

That's awful mate, I'd send a claim into the council and if that doesn't work possibly a letter from your solicitor talking about legal action - that may be enough to get them to pay for it

Sorry to see that mate. But if you saw the incident council should definitely pay up - maybe get a front respray out of it?

Although by the look of the pics that should polish out very easily no?

Sorry to see that mate. But if you saw the incident council should definitely pay up - maybe get a front respray out of it?

Although by the look of the pics that should polish out very easily no?

Yes mate it should polish out, but its just annoying that they do it and think nothing of it? :huh:

There are a few long scratches there, but it needs a respray anyway so may aswell pop it off and do the whole thing again :crybaby:

My binmen are useless too. They keep knocking over a small brick wall which forms part of the perimeter of the car park at our flats.

Trouble is when you call the council, they won't take responsibility unless you make a note of the reg number of the truck which came - they say they can't claim on their insurance without knowing which vehicle it was. :(

I had this a few times where i used to live i would park the car far enough away from the bins but yet they still seemed to hit it almost on purpose im sure

the window cleaner was worse he droped something at one point and dented the roof of my vectra but never said a word and didnt come back for a few months

I feel for you though get a camera set up and cathch them in the act doing scraping it and claim it back from the council......

Rabs

:ohmy: no way matey, seems binmen really don't give a s :tsktsk: t about peoples property as long as they can get the job done quickly, what would it take to walk around the back of your car an extra minute or two on the day, they really should have more respect, even if it can be polished out that's not the point it shouldn't of happened in the 1st place, muppets :angry:

:ohmy: no way matey, seems binmen really don't give a s :tsktsk: t about peoples property as long as they can get the job done quickly, what would it take to walk around the back of your car an extra minute or two on the day, they really should have more respect, even if it can be polished out that's not the point it shouldn't of happened in the 1st place, muppets :angry:

Thats the stupid thing though mate, it took them longer to try and get 10 bins through the tight gap than it wouldve done if they had gone round the back of it? :duh:

Total flippin muppets the pair of them :tsktsk:

Its got to come off again now anyway so may aswell respray it :yawn:

Thats the stupid thing though mate, it took them longer to try and get 10 bins through the tight gap than it wouldve done if they had gone round the back of it? :duh:

That's even worse mate it's like they've done it on purpose :angry:

Are you taking it off just because of this or is there another reason, i'd defo want some sort of compo.

Are you taking it off just because of this or is there another reason, i'd defo want some sort of compo.

No mate it wants a respray due to some soft kid on a skateboard coming off the pavement infront of me a few weeks ago, and i ended up swerving to miss him and caught the skirt on the kirb so scuffed it :crybaby:

Felt like i should of squashed the little sod after the mouthfull he came out with! :whistling:

No mate it wants a respray due to some soft kid on a skateboard coming off the pavement infront of me a few weeks ago, and i ended up swerving to miss him and caught the skirt on the kirb so scuffed it :crybaby:

Felt like i should of squashed the little sod after the mouthfull he came out with! :whistling:

I'd still see if you could get someone else to fork out for it, threaten the council with legal action and see what they say.

I hate bin men with a passion they are so arrogant :tsktsk: iv had a couple of runnins with mine

& they park where they like & dont give a :tsktsk:

So totaly understand & am well sorry 4 u

I claimed against the sweepers once 4 hitting my wing mirror & they paid up so u mite get something :unsure:

Never rains........

At least you are a bit of a dab hand with the paint sprayer now mate :)

I would suggest parking that way again and video evidence of the reckless manor in which they do it.

Plus then go out with the camera and take a note of the reg and the face of the guy that did the deed.

Slightly confrontational, but they won't dare do it again matey :tsktsk: