Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs300 Cigarette Lighter Question

Hi I popped in a phone charger the other day and now my front lighter does not work in my mk1 gs300 the rest of the console is fine ie the radio and aircon pods. I have had a problem in the past where a different item blew toat fuse which seemed to power all of the equipment in the centre console. i am a bit stuck now. What coul dbe wrong. Is there a seperate fuse just for the cigarette lighter aswell and where is it exactly?

There is a 15 Amp "CIG" fuse that powers both lighters. If both lighters are off, then that would be the one that is gone. The other tell tale sign is if the clock doesn't come on. The "DOM" fuse supplies the permanent 12V to the clock, the "CIG" fuse powers the display.

If the fuse is ok, and the other lighter works, then I would suspect a broken or rusted socket.

There is a 15 Amp "CIG" fuse that powers both lighters. If both lighters are off, then that would be the one that is gone. The other tell tale sign is if the clock doesn't come on. The "DOM" fuse supplies the permanent 12V to the clock, the "CIG" fuse powers the display.

If the fuse is ok, and the other lighter works, then I would suspect a broken or rusted socket.

My front socket on my GS stopped working after using a tyre pump in it, the fuses were fine (check the clock as mentioned). I took the socket apart and there was a small wire connecting the contacts together in the back of the socket that had over heated and come loose, it was a five minute fix to replace the wire.

The ashtray unit just pulls out (there are four spring clips holding it in, two on each side, then a removing a few screws and a nut will get the socket apart.

Thanks for the advice i will take a look over the weekend when I next get some time. I know that the rear cig lighter is still working for sure as I tried my charger with that and it was still working so it may be the broken socket as you describe. I can remember if the clock was working now so will have to check.

I will update you on how I get on.

• 4 months later...