Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'll second that, looks and sounds good, quite a rasp to it ;-)

Does it feel like there is a bit more poke to it now? Is there better mid range power? what do you think?

I really like it, good job katana, certainly looks better than standard.

Phil

. Should sound even better with some use...

cheers mate...thats what exhaust said will get better with some use ...i was wondering why is that i mean ..how it will get better after some use ?

and yea i'll get drive by video as soon as i get chance and decent weather...wind is problem..recording video in wind is just noise noise..

:)

Does it feel like there is a bit more poke to it now? Is there better mid range power? what do you think?

I really like it, good job katana, certainly looks better than standard.

Phil

phil to be honest i have not noticed any more power / poke...remeber its only cat back system...so cat and other front pipes are still standard..

and to be honest i have not had chance to take it on big road and floor it ...

i believe you only get more poke when you remove cat...i'll try it on big road some time and will let you know...

AJ

cheers guys for comments so far ...and especially no negative points/comments :)

tail pipes are 4" i was gona go for 5" but exhaust guy recommended 4".

im glad i took his advice and went for 4" coz 4" is just perfect and looks well ..not too small and no silly big holes...

Yeah i'd be interested in what Tigerfish asked too.... I see your in Edinburgh so some more info on the system & price would be good. I have a slight blow in mine so if i keep the car a new 'zorst would be nice.

As for it sounding nicer after some use, well... once some carbon build up is on the inside it will sound deeper and less tinny. Probably that bit louder when warm too. Ive fitted many exhausts to my previous cars and this has always been the case. Especially with stainless ;)

phil to be honest i have not noticed any more power / poke...remeber its only cat back system...so cat and other front pipes are still standard..

and to be honest i have not had chance to take it on big road and floor it ...

i believe you only get more poke when you remove cat...i'll try it on big road some time and will let you know...

AJ

AJ - I think the change to the silencers should increase power slightly, so long as they are free'er flowing than the originals. I am not positive about this, but the rule certainly works on motorbikes! :)

Phil

Looks good mate. What brand and price was the exhaust? Any pics under the car to see the rest of the system?

it was just back box replacement really. pipe between backbox and cat is still there so really changed two back boxes. its made by Cobra and its

Tig welded Stainless Steel T304 Grade.

place who supplied and fitted these for me is called CAS Complete Auto Solutions in Shotts.

in terms of price i paid £200 inc vat ...for parts and labour all supplied and fitted.

there is also another place in glasgow hillington C&C exhaust they quoted me £330 inc vat for same job ....

i believe its very good price ? £200 what i paid.. what do you think about price guys ???

here is quick pic

p1020233.jpg

Looks great, i want to do my MK1 the same. 4" was what i was thinking. Did you replace the center pipe as well. Guessing the layout is similar to the mk1. I have to replace my center cat soon as it is damaged. Would like to remove them but i doubt it would pass the mot. BYW £200 is a total bargain. A guy on eBay selling something similar quoted me £650.

Great sound that should make the Beemer drivers look LOL.

not sure about beemer but one guy in masarati today did turn his head and was checking out ma car :)

made me feel very nice :)

Looks great, i want to do my MK1 the same. 4" was what i was thinking. Did you replace the center pipe as well. Guessing the layout is similar to the mk1. I have to replace my center cat soon as it is damaged. Would like to remove them but i doubt it would pass the mot. BYW £200 is a total bargain. A guy on ebay selling something similar quoted me £650.

yep £200 is a bargain mate. where about did you get done?

Must admit, I'm impressed with that price. Do they do mail order?

im sure they would be able to post stuff...i dont see why not..

Freeflow Complete Auto Solutions Ltd

Stable Rd, Shotts, ML7 5BH

Tel:01501 829444