Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would You Replace Your Is220/250 With An Vauxhall Insignia

Saraj

This guy at work had a IS220 but now drives an Insignia, replacing the Lexus.

But the question I want to pose to IS220/250 owners would you??

I wouldnt but thats because I have never owned a IS220/250 and always wanted one.

What you reckon?

test drive both, the insignia is car of the year 2009 and has lots of extras available but I don't know at what cost, nor do I know if they have a quality feel

test drive both, the insignia is car of the year 2009 and has lots of extras available but I don't know at what cost, nor do I know if they have a quality feel

past european cars of the year

2000 Toyota Yaris

2001 Alfa Romeo 147

2002 Peugeot 307

2003 Renault Mégane

2004 Fiat Panda

2005 Toyota Prius

2006 Renault Clio

2007 Ford S-Max

2008 Fiat 500

2009 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia

are there any there that you would pick :whistling:

I actually like vauxhalls and have never had any problems with the ones i have had

decent range with decent range of engines

and then they do the vxr/opc range B)

Lexus do make a nice badge, but it takes a bit more than that nowdays

past european cars of the year

2000 Toyota Yaris

2001 Alfa Romeo 147

2002 Peugeot 307

2003 Renault Mégane

2004 Fiat Panda

2005 Toyota Prius

2006 Renault Clio

2007 Ford S-Max

2008 Fiat 500

2009 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia

are there any there that you would pick :whistling:

I actually like vauxhalls and have never had any problems with the ones i have had

decent range with decent range of engines

and then they do the vxr/opc range B)

Lexus do make a nice badge, but it takes a bit more than that nowdays

to be honest thats a sorry looking lot of vehicles.....a Clio ffs :whistling:

I used to like Vauxhalls but deary me they really are a complete pile of poo nowadays . We use them at work, major gear box and transmission problems and really poor build quality throughout the range..electrics are poor and bits fall off on a regular basis

The car of the year competition is well known for being flawed, they all vote for their own country's cars, in the end the winner is usually an average competitor that manages to bubble to the top.

I can't decide about this new Insignia, I think I don't understand what they were trying to do with it. I certainly doesn't look like a Vauxhall car to me. Is it one of those cars they designed so they could sell the same design all round the world? It looks quite classy though I must admit.

On quality I can't really say about the new car, not been near one, but in general I've found Vauxhalls to be a bit more solid than Fords, i.e. bodywork is better and the doors shut more solidly, but they are not as reliable, I've heard a few bad stories about Vectra and Zafira reliability.

If its anything like the vectra then no way. Having driven the is250 i'd say there is a lot for it live up to, and round where i live there are getting quite common. I see them on a regular basis now (but i can say that about the is220d as well).

This guy at work had a IS220 but now drives an Insignia, replacing the Lexus.

But the question I want to pose to IS220/250 owners would you??

I wouldnt but thats because I have never owned a IS220/250 and always wanted one.

What you reckon?

Cannot criticise the guy at all, if I had a 220D I'd do the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links