Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dreaded Wheel Wobble! Solution - For Me Anyway!

I had new discs fitted today to my MK2 GS300 (bought from Big Den - cheers Den :) )

Why did I have these fitted?

Symptoms

- Wheel wobble during braking - sporadic, not always present - strange but true!

- Occasional clonking noise from near-side caliper under braking

- Wheel wobble at speed 60 - 70 mph it became very noticeable, but always there slightly

- Sometimes thought that the wheels needed balancing - bumpy and wobbly at speed

- Feedback through steering wheel rather annoying

Cure

- New discs and pads put on

- Calipers cleaned & greased

- Wheel nuts tightened to 103 Nm

Now there is zero wobble when braking, zero wobble or bumpiness at speed and all is cool :) Driving home was mixture of slow 10-20 mph & 70-80 mph, lots of braking. Nothing so far. Let's see how long this lasts (fingers crossed)

Phil

result mate, however we were not so lucky with out gs300sport mk1

it has the same symptoms as ure mk2 but had the front discs and pads changed for genuine lex but still continues.

any advice on what we can do?

result mate, however we were not so lucky with out gs300sport mk1

it has the same symptoms as ure mk2 but had the front discs and pads changed for genuine lex but still continues.

any advice on what we can do?

Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you! :-(

All that's left I suppose is to

(a ) Check the torque on the wheel nuts?

(b ) Check upper wishbones / lower ball joints

(c ) Check wheel balances

(d ) Check tyre pressures

(e ) Have the new discs checked for buckles

(f ) Check the pistons on the calipers

Have you tried jacking the car and spinning the wheels - listening for contact/rubbing?

Sorry mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links