Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Question

got my HID kit today, just a plug in and play so no cutting of wires, all fitted and the one side didnt work, after much head scrathin i plugged the connector into the balast box the other way and it seems to work,

is this a common thing and is it safe to do,

so is there a nice cheap HID kit that members recommend?, sorry to hijack but it looks like Breets mind is put at ease, so i thought i'd ask a slightly off topic question

so is there a nice cheap HID kit that members recommend?, sorry to hijack but it looks like Breets mind is put at ease, so i thought i'd ask a slightly off topic question

i really fancy one of these kits too !! :whistling:

6K will be even brighter than 8K :winky: 4.5K brighter still.

Any of the kits on eBay should be fine, personally I suspect these kits are much of a muchness. Although Aztec did find some branded Philips kits, which I imagine would be good quality.

Just look for a kit with the right bulbs, i.e. HB4/9006 for the dipped beams.

• 2 weeks later...

6500K is actually less bright than 4300. 8000K is less brighter still. The "K" is not brightness, it's colour temperature, and as the number goes up the brightness actually goes down, because the light is getting more and more blue/purple.

For the best brightness you want to go for 4300K.

i went for the 10k......i know its bad just like the way they look.

4389845714a10186637159l.jpg

4389845714a9770151756li.jpg

left one is the hid right one is 100watt hid look bulb.(as you can see looks nothing like a hid!)

ps not had any greef in the 7months of having them.

I have 5k on my dipped beam, they are brilliant. I think 5k are supposed to be comparable to noon light, they certainly light up loads of road and they don't attract any unwanted attention because there's virtually no blue in them at all.

I have 6k in my main beam because they look cool :D

im going to get 10k in my main beams as i have 8k in my dipped beams.

dude 10ks wont be as bright as your 8k's so pretty pointless putting them in?

i was going to put 8k's in my main beam and 10k's in my foglights (even though i never use them) to match my headlights. :winky: