Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power/battery Problem

GaryOC

hey guys / girls, im not sure if im posting this in the right section :( if not im sry.

ok i have a 2000 lexus is 200, yesterday i left the lights on and the Battery went dead. :( i asked a neighbour for a jumpstart and he was happy to help. i have jumpstarted my car b4 with no problems, this time however i mixed up the cables and tried to start my car, i quickly figured out that the cables were on the wrong terminals and changed them over, the car did not start the indicators just flashed for a few seconds and thats it, the imob light is on and it can be turned off , i have power for the lights but thats all. when i put the key in the ING and turn it there is nothing. ? :(

this has me stressed out lololol i hope i have not ****** my ecu or anything like that! i havent checked the fuses yet and i am just hoping its nothing to bad .... if any of you guys could suggest anything to help that would be great.

or even a check list would be cool 2.

thanks so much for reading and i hope to hear from you soon

kindest regards

Gary

Sounds like big issues. I don't know if this will help, but probably worth a try.........

I can only suggest re-setting the ECU which is done in the following way.

Make sure the ignition is turned off

Open the Bonnet

Remove the engine bay fuse box cover

Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse

Remove the 15Amp ETCS fuse

Wait 30 seconds

Re-insert the two fuses

Install the fuse box cover

Close the Bonnet

If that doesn't help I would suggest calling the RAC etc after you have checked all the fuses if you are a member, or a competant auto-electrician.

Good luck mate :)

1st off all ...

disconnect the Battery..

put the key into ignition

attempt to crank..

take keyout

remove the above fuses.

check all the fuses - visually.

and with a multimeter if you can

put the fuses back in,

connect Battery back up

attempt to start.

where you based, if you near wakefield I can come and take a quick look :)

Checking the fuses would be a good start. Don't forget that there are fuses in the engine bay, as well as in the passenger and driver's side footwells. There are also some big fuses in the engine bay fuse box, as well as the small "blade" fuses, it would be worth checking them all.

hey guys / girls, im not sure if im posting this in the right section :( if not im sry.

ok i have a 2000 lexus is 200, yesterday i left the lights on and the battery went dead. :( i asked a neighbour for a jumpstart and he was happy to help. i have jumpstarted my car b4 with no problems, this time however i mixed up the cables and tried to start my car, i quickly figured out that the cables were on the wrong terminals and changed them over, the car did not start the indicators just flashed for a few seconds and thats it, the imob light is on and it can be turned off , i have power for the lights but thats all. when i put the key in the ING and turn it there is nothing. ? :(

this has me stressed out lololol i hope i have not ****** my ecu or anything like that! i havent checked the fuses yet and i am just hoping its nothing to bad .... if any of you guys could suggest anything to help that would be great.

or even a check list would be cool 2.

thanks so much for reading and i hope to hear from you soon

kindest regards

Gary

so did you get on fine with he problem mate.

a good few fuses were blown, i just have to get 1 more, 20amp fuse the large square 1 :( . i will pick it up 2 morro ..

amazing how much crap goes down over 1 simple jumpstart lololol

if ii have any more problems i will let you know ;)

• 2 weeks later...