Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mk2 Centre Console Removal

Hi Guys,

I have searched all over for this information to no avail, I wonder if someone on here can help??

My car was fitted with (lexus) parking sensors by the previous owner, the back ones work OK, they operate with Reverse gear selector.

The front ones are on all the time and are really loud, they can be switched off by a switch in the centre console (fortunately).

I read somewhere that it is normal to have the front parking sensors working with the brakes, but I can't get to the sounder or wiring as it is hidden under the centre console.

I just need to get to the front part under the gear selector.

My car is an 04 plate GS300 SE, it does not have sat nav, but has the Mark Levinson ICE, whilst I am at it, does anyone have the pinout of the ML amplifier? It has a socket without a plug in it, wondered if this was for a phone setup??

Thanks in advance

Nigel

Hi Guys,

I have searched all over for this information to no avail, I wonder if someone on here can help??

My car was fitted with (lexus) parking sensors by the previous owner, the back ones work OK, they operate with Reverse gear selector.

The front ones are on all the time and are really loud, they can be switched off by a switch in the centre console (fortunately).

I read somewhere that it is normal to have the front parking sensors working with the brakes, but I can't get to the sounder or wiring as it is hidden under the centre console.

My car is an 04 plate GS300 SE, it does not have sat nav, but has the Mark Levinson ICE, whilst I am at it, does anyone have the pinout of the ML amplifier? It has a socket without a plug in it, wondered if this was for a phone setup??

Thanks in advance

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I have a Mk2 gs300 - year 2000 - I believe it will be the same.

The ashtray simply pulls out, grab it and pull it (lol). It will pop out, trust me, there will be no damage. Next, remove the air vents at the top. To do this get a cloth and a biggish flat head screw driver. Wrap the cloth over the end of the screw driver and use this to prise this out. Do one end, then the other, again, this simply pops out. Take care not to damage the dash while prising it out.

The heater and headunit are one unit. There are two bolt head screws at the top and two at the bottom, the top ones are shiney goldy colour, the bottom ones (under the stereo unit) are black. Un-screw these with a socket (and remove) and the head unit/heater control block can be pulled out easily.

Fitting it back is a reversal of the above. Its quite simple mate, don't worry! :)

Cheers

phil

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I have a Mk2 gs300 - year 2000 - I believe it will be the same.

The ashtray simply pulls out, grab it and pull it (lol). It will pop out, trust me, there will be no damage. Next, remove the air vents at the top. To do this get a cloth and a biggish flat head screw driver. Wrap the cloth over the end of the screw driver and use this to prise this out. Do one end, then the other, again, this simply pops out. Take care not to damage the dash while prising it out.

The heater and headunit are one unit. There are two bolt head screws at the top and two at the bottom, the top ones are shiney goldy colour, the bottom ones (under the stereo unit) are black. Un-screw these with a socket (and remove) and the head unit/heater control block can be pulled out easily.

Fitting it back is a reversal of the above. Its quite simple mate, don't worry! :)

Cheers

phil

Thanks for the reply phil, will I be able to get under the gear selector if I do this.

Is there a chance I will be able to get under just by removing the ashtray?

On mine there is an 'insert' in the ashtray for emptying it, are you saying the whole thing comes out if i give it a tug (lol)

Will try it

Thanks again

nigel

Yep, remove the insert if you like, then pull the whole thing out, just get a firm grip! lol

I would not like to comment on getting under the gear selector as I have never needed to get this bit out. Usually though, there are screws to remove from the centre console storage box. Under the lining. The rest of it looks pretty much like it is pop-out!

Cheers and good luck

Phil

Yep, remove the insert if you like, then pull the whole thing out, just get a firm grip! lol

I would not like to comment on getting under the gear selector as I have never needed to get this bit out. Usually though, there are screws to remove from the centre console storage box. Under the lining. The rest of it looks pretty much like it is pop-out!

Cheers and good luck

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for your reply.

I did as you said and pulled out the ashtray, I still couldn't see how to get the centre console out, however I carefully tried prying up the centre wooden bit at the back end, near the lift up arm rest. It lifted up ok, and was only held by the type of spring clips that held the ashtray in. I then had to disconnect the 4 switches, VSC, heated seats and ECT switch, there are only 3 connectors! The whole thing just slid backwards and up.

I found the sounder for the parking sensors ok, so I moved it further down behind some soundproofing.

I still need to find the wiring to connect it to the brake lights, but at least I know how to get to it now.

Thanks again

Nigel