Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted My Spoiler.

Andy-R

Picked the spoiler up at lunch time and fitted it this afternoon, bit of a pig of of a job and defo needs 2 people to do but it's on and secure, still need to wire it to the brake lights but the hard part is over :D anyone know how to wire the light up to the shelf light?

Before: :)

SS851948.jpg

After: :D

SS850616.jpg

SS850617.jpg

SS850618.jpg

SS850619.jpg

How much was this spoiler? I'm liking this type more and more now. Does it block the rear view much at all?

The spoiler was £60 delivered off e-bay it cost me £40 for spraying and I fitted it myself, it doesn't block the rear view much at all :D

Looking very nice mate :D the brake light wire is green with white stripe :winky: you will find it if you remove some of you boot lining, left or right side, you will also have to earth it :D

Cheers Gord, Chris sent me a PM showing the brake light wire so got it pretty much sorted, any idea what to earth it to tho mate :unsure:

Looking very nice mate :D the brake light wire is green with white stripe :winky: you will find it if you remove some of you boot lining, left or right side, you will also have to earth it :D

Cheers Gord, Chris sent me a PM showing the brake light wire so got it pretty much sorted, any idea what to earth it to tho mate :unsure:

Might be better looking in/on the boot lid its self for that mate, eg, where the fog lights bolt to the boot lid :D

all you need now is to drop it on some 18's :D then it'll look the nuts

er.... ive got the same spoiler, ive wired it to the centre light on the parcel shelf... and i unplugged the buld from the centre light so i dont have 4 lights light up at the back and i get a brake warning light come up on my dash now. if you leave the rear light in it will be fine...

does anyone know how to get rid of the warnign light from the dash?

Might be better looking in/on the boot lid its self for that mate, eg, where the fog lights bolt to the boot lid :D

Cheers Gord.

all you need now is to drop it on some 18's :D then it'll look the nuts

er.... ive got the same spoiler, ive wired it to the centre light on the parcel shelf... and i unplugged the buld from the centre light so i dont have 4 lights light up at the back and i get a brake warning light come up on my dash now. if you leave the rear light in it will be fine...

does anyone know how to get rid of the warnign light from the dash?

Can't you just take the bulb and hide it away underneath somewhere, it'll still light up but won't be visable :unsure:

Can't get this brakelight to work :ohmy: knowing my luck it's probably knackered :unsure: either that or i'm doing something wrong, scotchlocked it to the green and white wire earthed it to the fog light bolt and nothing swapped the wires round nothing, tried to connect it to the shelf brake light by shoving the wires in with the bulb nothing, think i'll take it my mate who's an auto spark and get him to test it :crybaby:

yea i could do, but ive kinda ignored the warning light now lol..

im not sure what your doing with your wiring mate, its a prettty simple circuit, i just connected the red and black wire to the plus and negative of the rear light on the parcel shelf, keep it in parallel with rear buld and they will both work... you cant really get it wrong, if you get it back to front try it the other way around and it should work fine... (thats if the colours arn't clear)

i dont know for what reason your trying to connect the wire to the fog light?

yea i could do, but ive kinda ignored the warning light now lol..

im not sure what your doing with your wiring mate, its a prettty simple circuit, i just connected the red and black wire to the plus and negative of the rear light on the parcel shelf, keep it in parallel with rear buld and they will both work... you cant really get it wrong, if you get it back to front try it the other way around and it should work fine... (thats if the colours arn't clear)

i dont know for what reason your trying to connect the wire to the fog light?

Yeah tried that matey, was earthing it to the fog light, no Chris tbh i've not tried again since yesterday going to go and have another play in a min but i've gotta feeling there's a problem with the light, either it's just broken or the wires been pulled at som stage and disconnected inside the spoiler :crybaby:

Just a thought tho when it came the wires were joined together on the bare end is it possible it's just a live feed using both wires, I really know very little about car wiring so don't if this is possible or not.

:D Sorted :D it's all wired to the shelf light, still left the bulb in there aswell, will decide what to do with it another time probably when it's dark and I can see what they both look like together :unsure:

Just need a brake light bulb now :whistling: