Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sticky Caliper,need New Ones?

gall84

hello everyone

calipers been sticking on the passenger side but i should probably change both is this right?

if so i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to get them from,if so how much are they,many thanks in advance,cheers

gall84..

hello everyone

calipers been sticking on the passenger side but i should probably change both is this right?

if so i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to get them from,if so how much are they,many thanks in advance,cheers

gall84..

no you wont need them both mate,but if your handy with some tools you can buy a seal kit and refurb your calipers yourself its not hard,or you could hand it in to your local garage and they should be able to do it.

you sure its the caliper and not the slide?

I would say its your slide pins are sticking matey (dependent on age and miles etc ) you could get some new ones from Lexus or maybe from of the net.....it could also be your pistons sticking due to corrosion some people refurb them ( take them out ,clean them up etc) your best bet is to take it to a local garage ( that know what they are doing ) ....

hi thanks for your help,yeah ive been to garage and he said the slider/piston was pitted and rusty,quoted me about 120,supply and fit does this sound about right,looked on eBay the cheapest ones on there are 100 +20 postage,bit steep i think???

To do the sliding pins is easy. Really, I did mine the other weekend!

There is a guide on here somewhere, do a search, which shows pics and everything.

You may as well buy new pins, dust boots and the bushing (only needed for bottom pins) and try that first.

I also found that my bottom piston was sticking, so temporarily I freed it by clamping it in then pushing it out (with brake pedal with bit of wood to stop other piston moving) and just did that loads.

Fixed it temp. but will renew seals and pins etc soon when get the time/parts.

But seriously, the pins are eaaassssy. If they are really stuck (like one of mine) then you may have to tap them out with a smaller spanner over body of pin against the head of pin end. I had to hit hard as one of mine was mega rusty!!

Mat has kindly posted the Part Nos of the bits in the part number sticky but prices are:-

Dust boot = £3.94 pair

Top slide pin = £5.42

Bottom Slide pin = £7.21

Sliding bushing = £3.07 pair

I don't know why both pins a

To do the sliding pins is easy. Really, I did mine the other weekend!

There is a guide on here somewhere, do a search, which shows pics and everything.

You may as well buy new pins, dust boots and the bushing (only needed for bottom pins) and try that first.

I also found that my bottom piston was sticking, so temporarily I freed it by clamping it in then pushing it out (with brake pedal with bit of wood to stop other piston moving) and just did that loads.

Fixed it temp. but will renew seals and pins etc soon when get the time/parts.

But seriously, the pins are eaaassssy. If they are really stuck (like one of mine) then you may have to tap them out with a smaller spanner over body of pin against the head of pin end. I had to hit hard as one of mine was mega rusty!!

Mat has kindly posted the Part Nos of the bits in the part number sticky but prices are:-

Dust boot = £3.94 pair

Top slide pin = £5.42

Bottom Slide pin = £7.21

Sliding bushing = £3.07 pair

I don't know why both pins are not made from the same material - think the top is some bronze coated jobby or similar, but the bottom is simple steel and rusts like mad!

For info, the caliper rebuild kit (piston selas, rubber boots and set rings for all of front calipers) is £63.46. A new caliper is £260.

Al prices are ex. VAT and from Lexus.

Oh, and if a piston is really seized and you suspect it may be excessively pitted, then they are £19.29 each. :-)

hi everyone,thanks for your help and advice,but ill probably just change the caliper,won some money at the weekend so i might aswel treat her,lol,but since im getting new ones im gonna paint them before they go on,just cant decide what colour to do them,any suggestions or pics,i have a blue one with anthrasite colour wheels on,i was thinking maybe red???

Nope, thats the pins threah (very good too!). But I thought there was one showing about taking the caliper pistons out to do the seals etc?

Red would be nice, otherwise I guess its black, silver or you could go yellow - or how about green, just to be different? :-)

hey,i think i've decided on doing them red,just wondered if anyone had any pictures of a blue one with painted calipers,thank you again in advance for any help,when ive done it ill put some pics up,of the new alloys wheels and paint

gall84,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links