Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car - Poor Consumption

My experience is that I used to get about 42 mpg both indicated & calculated - computer readout seems to be fairly accurate on mine. This is now sitting at about 36 mpg - again indicated & calculated. Don't know what the problem is, Lexus dealer has not identified a problem but I'll be bringing it back to their attention at the next service in a couple of weeks.

I've got to say I hoped that the new model would have gone some way to improving mpg.

Forgot to mention - mine is a late '06 model btw

I am surprised. My IS was always about average, giving me early 40's MPGs and early 30's MPGs in town. But. I do remember loads of peeps saying they were getting 30's on a run. So are we saying that there is the same problem still?

I hope not. I was hoping this was Lexus's time to sort out poor CO2 and bad consumption.

May be one car isn't enough - we need more owners of new IS with 148g CO2 to say now.

Anyhow, my 325d has now settled down, over 3000 miles on clock and 28-30mpg in town and 48+ (sometimes over 55) on a run. Not bad for 3.0l Automatique.

I was hoping may be a Auto ISD would be out too, but no news, so if I come back to Lexus (I miss the toys) it will be GS H or wait for new Hybrid IS in a few years when next model comes out. I have heard from my sister in Saporo that Hybrid IS will be next model. That is a latest rumour.

This is interesting feedback from you all!

On Tuesday, I drove up to Leicester for a meeting...a trip of about 150 miles. Whilst driving along....MPG still showing 37....odd I thought as this was the same the day before......then I discovered that if you hold the DISPLAY button, it resets the MPG to 0 and then recalculates the Average!!!!

Duh...I feel like an idiot....I should have read the manual!!! :blush:

I then got an indicated 52.8 MPG....an then the readings started changing depending upon my driving style.

So it seems that unless you reset the Avergae MPG indicator, whatever the last average was appears to be displayed until you do this. I really didn't know that until yesterday.

So...what is the result now?

Motorway cruising at about 75 I get an idicated 52.9

A road average, about 42.0

Best indicated was 56 in 6th on a straight section on the M69.

It seems like I need to eat my words now, which I will graciously do....next time I get a new car, I'll read the manual properly! :whistling:

The only issue I have now is the long gear ratios......but I'll live with it and adapt my driving style to get the best out of the drive.

Yours...A MUCH HAPPIER 220D owner! B)