Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drove Monday - Ordered Tuesday

Well the deal is done. I have a 02 RX300 and 'just went for a look at the new model' My wife and I took the car for a morning test drive and that was our first mistake! :o

The difference between the new and old RX was very noticeable. It seems like someone had handed Lexus R&D Department a wish list and they have said yes to everything! All the extra features are both well thought out, useful and damn good fun.

The air suspention sees to make a big difference - we drove the SE and SE-L and the SE felt similar to our own RX but the SE-L was definatly a class apart. Also the Mark Levinson Hifi is just stunning!

So one day and ££££££££s later a SE-L has beed ordered and will be with us for start of June. Old RX residuals have taken a bit of a knock with the arrival of the new model however we felt the longer we waited the larger the gap would get. It was a 'Say it quick and show me the money' moment!!

We have been delighted with the RX and would not have thought anything would make us part with it, but its new sibling has wooed us.

I will post some pics once it arrives but take this as a warning if you own an RX300 and you don't want your bank balance to take a stuffing DON'T test drive it! However if you want 'great' to get even better get down to your dealer - NOW!

hey thats great John!

Would be nice if you came to a meet too so we could take a look.

I was lucky enough to view the unveiling of the RX.. and get in the swarm of people.. very impressive!

Ricky

Yes and yes

Sat nav is as good as current RX but the screen is now 7'' rather then 5'' so that is better, also hifi now has its own display so doesn't stop map showing when you are changing disc etc.

Reversing camera - what a hoot - will have to learn how the 'lines' work but basically it shows the view and has guidelines which move with the wheel. Lign one up with space on hard lock then when two lines cross go to opposite lock then hey presto you are 2'' from the kerb. :blink: :duh:

Like i said, that will be one to get the manual out for!

John

Reversing camera - what a hoot - will have to learn how the 'lines' work but basically it shows the view and has guidelines which move with the wheel. Lign one up with space on hard lock then when two lines cross go to opposite lock then hey presto you are 2'' from the kerb. :blink: :duh:

:duh: :blink:

say that again?

I thought the reversing camera was to show behind the car - help in reversing.

you mean it helps parallel park?

if so - sweet!! :yahoo:

anyone got links to a video of that?

you mean it helps parallel park?

What's parallel park ? :blink:

Is that the manoeuvre that usually results in injured pedestrians when you mount the kerb, or even worse...................kerbed rims !!!

Try not to do that manoeuvre very often. :duh:

Matthew,

Yes is does help you to parallel park! As I said in the last post I don't know the fine detail about how it works yet but with out the handbook and from playing about this is what I can make out...

Position 1 - Car Park parking - It gives you two green lines on the screen which you line up with the space and a red one which shows where the back of the car is and therefore where to stop.

Position 2 - On street parking - More complex! I think :blink: . This time there are 4 lines on the screen, 2 as per above denoting the sided of the car and another two curved lines, the curved ones seem to guide you into a space and inticate when to move from one lock on the wheel to the other.

Sorry to be vague but I will post the exact workings once I get the car.

Had a look for a video clip but without much luck, only the US site had a demo but not very detailed.

Oh and just incase that wasn't enough when you engage reverse the two wing mirrors tilt down.

With all this it may become easyer to drive backwards all the time :lol::lol::lol::sick:

Congratulations John,

I had a look at the new RX yesterday...Quite stunning!

I do like the auto tailgate feature, and it also comes with total closure....nice.

A friend of mine has just ordered one, and wants me to install a motorised roof monitor and 10 disc DVD player(all working through the Mark Levinson audio system.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Duncan

Hmmmmm yes please, I have seen this option on the US site but it is not available here - would be interested in how you get on and the cost.

John

Sure mate,

I'll PM you when it's done, with part details and prices...

He gets the car sometime in June.