Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Mode

ah didnt know the manuals didnt have ECT power buttons. I know it doesnt do much but it somehow does seem alot faster, prob physiological hehe. Or maybe because the tranny has adapted to my grandad driving style and when i use it im like holy crap when its holding each gear lol

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

On 4/20/2009 at 1:27 PM, reganlives said:

Snow mode helps u pull away smoother in an auto as well mate 😉

I wish i had read these comments earlier. I've just bought the is200 SE 4dr Auto Saloon i nearly shot into the car in front setting off. I have noticed that when i put my foot to the floor it lags what could it be???. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Snow mode is absolutely useless in snow. The tyres still spin, and you go sideways, just slower than you would normally. The last time I used snow mode, I had to leave my car parked up for two days until the snow thawed and I could move it again. This is not a car to drive in the snow.

• Like 1

My Is300 spins its wheels on white lines when puling out of junctions, or on slightly rough surfaces, or on slight inclines, or on slightly damp roads. You get used to it, and drive accordingly. 

It's fun to drive, partly because it's so prone to sliding.

7 hours ago, IS300KK said:

Snow mode is absolutely useless in snow. The tyres still spin, and you go sideways, just slower than you would normally. The last time I used snow mode, I had to leave my car parked up for two days until the snow thawed and I could move it again. This is not a car to drive in the snow.

Yes, this is not a car designed to drive in the snow, but the button simply limits the power to the wheels to assist driving in the snow if it is possible. 

Its a rear wheel drive car for starters,secondly a decent set of tyres would help  in reducing this,have owned 2 IS200 sport before moving on to my current IS250 f sport 

1 hour ago, scudney said:

Its a rear wheel drive car for starters,secondly a decent set of tyres would help  in reducing this,have owned 2 IS200 sport before moving on to my current IS250 f sport 

Like all-seasons...