Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slipping Clutch

Apparently for a clutch change its quite an easy job as you can just take the gear box off the back of the engine and acces the clutch that way. I'm going to be in need of one soon as its on the way out and i'm about to supercharge lol. I've been quoted 3 hours labour from WIM.

You also want to get a clutch that's good for daily driving, some of them are more designed for the race track. Though I can't help with specifics on which one is good for which.

If your clutch is on its way out, best to get it changed sooner rather than later. Otherwise you can end up with a damaged flywheel too, and hence a bigger repair bill.

It's the paddle clutches you want to avoid as they can be a real hassle for everyday use. The Helix Organic retains the same pedal feel so will be fine. Would really like to know if anybody knows anything about the quality of the eBay item I listed above.

@steve - The clutch isnt slipping yet but its juddering more now and the pedal is really high but should still be ok.

Edit: Actually thinking about it the uprated clutches will really annoy me as most of my driving is around town and say a 30% heavier clutch pedal will be too much. Asi i'm assuming that is the case?

yeah they are jap spec stuff,just need to get it fitted not been driving the lex and its doing my head in lol,least am saving petrol.

that saving on petrol will cover the cost of the clutch.