Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Surrey Meet?

seolio

Sunday 28th June

BBQ at Frimley Lodge Park, Surrey

Website for map of park and address of the park - http://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/leisure/park...eylodgepark.htm

We will be in Car Park 3, which is right next to the BBQ's.

Me and my dad will be providing the general BBQ food (burgers/hot dogs etc.). You can bring your own if you wish though, also bring your own drinks or you can buy them at the park restaurant/shop.

Any questions, just ask!

Nick

----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

I know I have not been around for long, and haven't been on a huge deal due to me being off work with Sciatica at the moment, but I suddenly had an idea which I am wondering if anyone would be interested in...

As you may or may not know before my IS300 I had a couple of Merc's and was in the MB club, I am beginning to really like the LOC and have slowly been trawling through the thousands of posts on here to try and get to know everyone and learn more about these amazing cars. I have not yet been to any meets or met any members in person, so I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to meet some members -

A joint meet with the Mercedes-Benz Club in Frimley, Surrey! It would not only give members from here the chance to meet and mingle with one-another but also the chance to chat with members from another car club. The MB Club I have been told by a few people sound like they are all snobs, I can tell you they really aren't, they are all down to earth and love cars just like you guys. I think it could be a really good day out for everyone.

The idea is to have a day-long BBQ at Frimley Lodge Park(you wouldn't have to stay all day); the car park is next to where the barbecues are and there are a few picnic tables, plus a children's play area and a few park-type fields nearby. Me and my Dad (who is the regional officer for the MB Club) could get some food and charcoal together & we could have a really good meet there.

It would be 'take turns in cooking the food' to be fair to everyone, but it wouldn't really be that hard if we got a lot of people. If you have them you could bring the wife and kids and possibly even the dog? It is a country park with plenty of space to run around and plenty to do.

Could you let me know your thoughts on this please, if there is some interest I will speak to my Dad about organising a date with the MB Club.

Cheers guys

Nick

Funny you mention this, I’m sitting at work staring out of the window looking at the beautiful clear blue skies, fluffly white clouds, and the glorious sun, and I’m thinking “ Why am I stuck indoors :( I want either an ice cream or a BBQ !!!”

This sounds like a nice idea, and I would be interested, however I have no wife or kids, and I don’t really want to be the only Lexus owner there. :lol:

If there are a few more people from here that are up for going, then I think there could be some good banter, with some good food !

Funny you mention this, I’m sitting at work staring out of the window looking at the beautiful clear blue skies, fluffly white clouds, and the glorious sun, and I’m thinking “ Why am I stuck indoors :( I want either an ice cream or a BBQ !!!”

This sounds like a nice idea, and I would be interested, however I have no wife or kids, and I don’t really want to be the only Lexus owner there. :lol:

If there are a few more people from here that are up for going, then I think there could be some good banter, with some good food !

lol, well I would be at least one other Lexus owner there... :winky:

Excellent response, cheers guys! I will get my dad to put it to the MB Club and try to organise a date.

I will update as soon as I know more.

Cheers again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we have interest from MB Club, so we need to organise a date. I was thinking a saturday/sunday in June maybe?

Any better days, or days people couldn't come in June?

Cheers

Nick

Ok, According to the MB Club calendar they have only 2 major events in June, which leaves Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th, Saturday 20th, Sunday 21st, or Sunday 28th

I am ok for any of them, any preferences? If not I will just choose a date.

I think that the best date for this would be Sunday 21st June, which should give everyone plenty of notice and currently there is nothing happening on that date as far as I can see.

So...

Sunday 28th June at Frimley Lodge Park

BBQ with the Mercedes-Benz Club. Bring whoever you want and bring your own drinks. Me and my dad will be sorting out the general BBQ food (burgers, sausages etc..) although you can bring your own if you want to.

We will be in Car Park 3, please see map here - http://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/leisure/park...eylodgepark.htm

Any questions, post or PM me :winky:

Cheers

Nick

I cant understand why I didn't realise this, but the Japshow is on the same day as I have planned this..... I could have sworn I checked that, is this going to be a problem for anyone? Anyone want me to change it to 28th June?

• 1 month later...

Just a quick reminder about this BBQ as it is getting close, it would be good to have as many people there as possible from here supporting the LOC.

It is free food and a should be a great day out. If you have any questions, please ask.

Cheers