Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£120 For Geometry

Sorreee, quote is £120 squidlies...

Col

Got a quote to get my IS 200 sport geometry done from Kinghorn Bodyshop close to Aberdeen. Is this a good price or a rip off guys??

Col... :blush:

WIM charge approx £100 for the geometry setup.

Guess as you are in Scotland you have the added cost of fuel as well if you drove to/back from WIM. Personally, I would go to WIM as they were the ones that developed the procedure to correct the geometry on the IS200/300 and I wouldn't let anyone else set/change the geometry on my car apart from WIM.

Got a quote to get my IS 200 sport geometry done from Kinghorn Bodyshop close to Aberdeen. Is this a good price or a rip off guys??

Col... :blush:

If they are going to do it fully (4 wheel laser alignment & all adjustments) & follow Tony's settings although it's a little over the special price Tony charges LOC members I'd say it's not bad :winky:

For LOC Gold members our fee is capped at £85+ vat, also for Gold members around the uk we will help you find centres and offer our correct calibration positions that stop the dreaded front tyre wear.

Can you advise of any centre in Ireland (North or South) that you would trust to carry out your geo settings. I tried one place before and wasn't happy with the results. They didn't get close enough to your settings and tyre wear still persisted.

Would really appreciate your help on this. Do you know of Kinghorn Bodyshop? I know that there is a thread somewhere giving WIM settings, but, would another supplier be willing to set the Lexus up properly to the perfect WIM settings.

Thanks a million for everyones' help.

Col.. :D :D

For LOC Gold members our fee is capped at £85+ vat, also for Gold members around the uk we will help you find centres and offer our correct calibration positions that stop the dreaded front tyre wear.

Would really appreciate your help on this. Do you know of Kinghorn Bodyshop? I know that there is a thread somewhere giving WIM settings, but, would another supplier be willing to set the Lexus up properly to the perfect WIM settings.

Another garage should in theory be able to set your car up to whatever settings you give them, and the WIM settings are available for this sort of purpose. The real question is whether the garage has the necessary experience and equipment to do a decent job - e.g. the caster angle on the IS200 isn't directly adjustable, but is indirectly adjustable - another garage might tell you that the WIM caster angle is impossible to achieve.

if the geometry is all set up correctly,will pot holes speed bumbs knock them out again?

i need to get mine done as my front driver tyre wore away the inside tread on a new tyre after a few thousand miles.

need to know how slow to attack speed bumbs or sue the council :whistling:

The geometry should stand up to reasonable knocks, after all it's all bolted up tight again. But obviously if you hit something hard enough then it can knock something out or even damage the suspension (WIM's services will spot suspension damage as well as just bad alignment).

I would think that if you take speed bumps sensibly, and try and go over it with both front tyres at the same time, etc, then hopefully you should be ok.

Similarly I would have thought smallish potholes would be ok, but if you go into a big one then who knows. It may also depend on things like whether you hit the pothole/speed bump straight on or at an angle (the latter is probably a lot worse).

The geometry should stand up to reasonable knocks, after all it's all bolted up tight again. But obviously if you hit something hard enough then it can knock something out or even damage the suspension (WIM's services will spot suspension damage as well as just bad alignment).

I would think that if you take speed bumps sensibly, and try and go over it with both front tyres at the same time, etc, then hopefully you should be ok.

Similarly I would have thought smallish potholes would be ok, but if you go into a big one then who knows. It may also depend on things like whether you hit the pothole/speed bump straight on or at an angle (the latter is probably a lot worse).

My you was attentive during your Geometry calibration session, that must have been the instructor in me..... You are spot on.

Just to clarify things.

We are extremely busy this time of year but we have a devoted promise to LOC to help members all around the UK. In order to preserve our time and support the forum we can only assist LOC Gold members, seems harsh but that's life.

For those grinding teeth now let me explain.....

In order to ensure your Geometry calibration has a suitable destination i have to validate the place of your choice, i then need to asses the cars modifications and then write the settings, these are sent to you and i have to be available to support the calibration.... once done i validate the final settings and approve them, or not!.... if not i then contact the company and re-educate them on the error of their ways and have them invite you back.

This is an extraordinary drain on my time so i'm only prepared to offer this to those prepared to add future assistance to the clubs infrastructure, i.e Gold members.

For those still grinding teeth, look at it this way..... What's to stop someone joining the club, raping my time and information for free and never even offer a post in the forum, where's the value in that for the club, the members and indeed me?

if your near edinburgh their is a place called clcm its at sighthill he is amazin and charges approx 60+vat for a 4wa he has a brand new lazer machine you'll need to phone and book coz he's always busy.

asi on here has used him.

I queried Kinghorn Bodyshop on cost. They say their price of £120 is for Check & Adjust, and that they think WIM price is for Checking Only?? Is that the case??

Ta

Col...

I queried Kinghorn Bodyshop on cost. They say their price of £120 is for Check & Adjust, and that they think WIM price is for Checking Only?? Is that the case??

Ta

Col...

WIM price is all-in, and also WIM has checked and adjusted more IS200s and 300s than anyone else so they will have the knowledge to get the best results

I paid £15 to have my supra done the other day. 4 wheel laser alignment at quick fit. Total bargain.

4 wheel laser alignment and a full geometry setup are two different things.

tony do you have any centres around the south wales area that can offer your calibration positions to stop the dreaded tyre wear

thanks