Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Timing Belt

Thats about right price for parts and labour. At prolex the belt is £30, but you will also need to replace the tensioner (£57)+idler (around £30). Add up the sums and it'll be around £120.

Cheapest on eBay is £75 for belt, tensioner, idler (Item number: 180346539176), but thats pickup only. Others are around £110 inc delivery for all the bits and bobs. If the garage charges you £120 for it all, make sure it's genuine lexus/toyota and not other makes like unipart for that price.

:offtopic:

On a different note, the web designer of that site needs to be shot, why link (637 by 457) images into the website, only to resize them to a thumb nail size (100 by 80)? Thats really bad practice, plus the fact theres like 29 of these all trying to load at once.

I got my belt from Lexus main dealer for £28, i asked for a kit & they said that they dont do a belt kit & the tensioner etc are sealed for life & dont need changing. Are they wrong? Just need to get round to getting the belt fitted at some point LOL

Yep, might as well get it all done for peace of mind! No point having a new belt only to keep the old tensioner/idler and later find out they also need changing few months down the line. You will also end up paying the labour again for the work that could have been done in the first place.

Yep, might as well get it all done for peace of mind! No point having a new belt only to keep the old tensioner/idler and later find out they also need changing few months down the line. You will also end up paying the labour again for the work that could have been done in the first place.

Shall see if they got them in stock, not worried about the labour as will be doing it myself :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links