Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got It Fitted.

hi there,

got the charger fitted today and sounds amazing but expected more power but i think its losing boost due to old hose clips and rubber pipes so awaiting new ones. maybe the belt is needed to be more tight and i would be awaitng the rubber seal from lexus but it has made a huge difference

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear you got it fitted at least. Hopefully lack of power is just teething problem - Like you say a boost leak somewhere. Once sorted out would love to see /hear the car now its fitted to inspire me to start saving the pennies..

Glad it on matey :D Now make with the pic's :lol:

Found on mine tonight that i have a big leak coming from the pipe going into the throttle body, the clips that are holding the silicone pipe keep coming loose so going to order a set of mikalor T clamps for the whole setup? On my boost gauge it drops pressure by nearly 0.2 bar most of the way up the rev range and the sc only puts out around 0.3 bar or 4.351psi so i'm losing a lot of pressure at the moment :o :crybaby:

aslong as you get it sorted mate. chris im dont want to pit pics up as your engine bay looks more sexier lol.

:lol: Go on mate get some pics up, just add the words " Work in Progress" :)

Anyway you have a charger now so its got to look good :D

will do mate. will tkae pics tommarow. i was wondering how do i thighten the belt and check for leaks.

Found on mine tonight that i have a big leak coming from the pipe going into the throttle body, the clips that are holding the silicone pipe keep coming loose so going to order a set of mikalor T clamps for the whole setup? On my boost gauge it drops pressure by nearly 0.2 bar most of the way up the rev range and the sc only puts out around 0.3 bar or 4.351psi so i'm losing a lot of pressure at the moment :o :crybaby:

You should of said mate ive just dropped some off at Silverline, want me to get you a couple back? or you anting them for all the pipes?

You should of said mate ive just dropped some off at Silverline, want me to get you a couple back? or you anting them for all the pipes?

Need a couple for the throttle body pipe at the moment mate, couldnt believe how much pressure i'm losing, you can even hear it inside the car whistling and when i opened the bonnet it sounds like the hose isnt even attached :crybaby:

Will get some for the rest of the system asap :whistling:

Asi, since i fitted the boost gauge its shown me losing boost by the needle dropping quite a bit so knew there was a problem, so might be good to get one if you can, even if its just for a bit of indication on how things are? :)

Need a couple for the throttle body pipe at the moment mate, couldnt believe how much pressure i'm losing, you can even hear it inside the car whistling and when i opened the bonnet it sounds like the hose isnt even attached :crybaby:

Asi, since i fitted the boost gauge its shown me losing boost by the needle dropping quite a bit so knew there was a problem, so might be good to get one if you can, even if its just for a bit of indication on how things are? :)

May be dropping in Thursday evening, if not then Sunday i can get you some?

:offtopic: Touch wood at the mo were looking ok for Sunday, will confirm on Thursday though

Stav

May be dropping in Thursday evening, if not then Sunday i can get you some?

:offtopic: Touch wood at the mo were looking ok for Sunday, will confirm on Thursday though

Stav

:offtopic: Be great if you could mate Thankyou :D

Thought i'd got a problem when i had a play with a pug 106 gti tonight and he sat up my rear and couldnt shake him :blink: :shutit:

Sunday sounds good mate fingers crossed its ready, really looking forward to seeing it now :D

if u dont have the throttle body seal installed then air will be pising out so im surprised you have any pressure at all.

make sure to check the hose clamps at regular intervals and adjust the lowest clamps so u can reach them thru the grille or from under the car with a screwdriver.

if u can get a guage it will be far better as u can see straight away if u have a leak. you can take a tapping of some hoses by the throttle body or better is to fit an adaptor into the U bend at the throttle body

thanks guys.

i paid £300 plus vat fitted. it was the charger, manifold, and rear lambda sensor and a new belt all in that price. which i found very good as i got dastek to quote me and they qouted me £550 plus vat just for the charger. will get pics up tonight. i dont have the rubber seal at the moment will do on saturday. i hope that makes a diff.

thanks

thanks guys.

i paid £300 plus vat fitted. it was the charger, manifold, and rear lambda sensor and a new belt all in that price. which i found very good as i got dastek to quote me and they qouted me £550 plus vat just for the charger. will get pics up tonight. i dont have the rubber seal at the moment will do on saturday. i hope that makes a diff.

thanks

I would have done for petrol money and some Stella :D but thinking about it, it may have been cheaper where you went :lol:

thanks guys.

thanks

I would have done for petrol money and some Stella :D but thinking about it, it may have been cheaper where you went :lol:

haha lol i will get you stella anyway since you helped alot. thanks gord for the charger and thanks chris for the polishing kit thing and thanks everyone for helping. checked the belt this morning and is a little bit loose like i could move it lilttle bit up and down with my finger. is that fine or should be tighter?

thanks