Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

after a year of exile since i traded my IS200 in for a french 407, i decided that i just couldn't live without a lexus in my life and so take delivery of my IS250 SE-L Auto tomorrow morning!!!! Bo***cks to the higher running costs, it's only money right? might have to take a sleeping pill cause i just don't see myself sleeping tonight LOL.

Jason

Well, here she is... got to say i love the lexus customer service! car was in a special delivery room, we were greeted by the whole team and taken to the room where i signed for the car and got a cleaning kit and mom (who drove me there) got a box of chocolates. all very classy and i'm so glad i decided to buy from a dealer. i even prepaid my services so it's even going to be easy to budget for those too! I'M IN LOVE!!!!

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

Forgive the pose - i felt like a burk standing there LOL

DSC00077.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee193/w...sa/DSC00083.jpg

and the best of all??? 40.8mpg on the trip home with a mixture of town, motorway and country roads!!!! i'm waiting for it to fly and then it really does do everything :winky:

J

it's a 55 plate with 23500 miles on the clock (i would have loved a brand new one but 19k was my limit LOL), and the reason i chose it over the other se-l's on offer was the fact that the interior was in such good condition (although i did spend 5 hours on cleaning and detailing it when i got home which also makes it look a bit better :whistling: ). the only work it needed was the wheels refurbing which is normal for lexus and the dealer did this before i took delivery, and there is a bit of road rash on the front bumper which i will have done as soon as my bank account recovers from the purchase LOL

well it's all gone horribly wrong!!! i was cleaning the car for the first time today and noticed that one of the locking wheel nuts was missing!!!! so i've been driving around with only 4 wheel studs for three days so far. that was bad enough, then i noticed that the front and rear bumpers didn't look right so i checked closely and felt overspray and the colour wasn't quite matched properly so now i'm convinced that the car has been in a shunt and the repair job was horrendous!!!!

Luckily i got a 30 day no quibble return guarantee so first thing tomorrow i am taking it back to swap it for a different car. will keep you all posted

J

Oh no, sorry to hear that mate, I guess you could trace the history to see how big an accident repair it was, may have only required new bumpers so might be better to keep this car if otherwise it's great and just get them to sort the paintwork out.

Good luck with it though and hopefully you get a replacement easily if that's what you decide to do.

well it's all gone horribly wrong!!! i was cleaning the car for the first time today and noticed that one of the locking wheel nuts was missing!!!! so i've been driving around with only 4 wheel studs for three days so far. that was bad enough, then i noticed that the front and rear bumpers didn't look right so i checked closely and felt overspray and the colour wasn't quite matched properly so now i'm convinced that the car has been in a shunt and the repair job was horrendous!!!!

Luckily i got a 30 day no quibble return guarantee so first thing tomorrow i am taking it back to swap it for a different car. will keep you all posted

J

That's a bummer, elation turning to dispair in 24 hours. Hope your worst fears are unfounded and everything turns out ok.

thanks guys. i spoke to the sales manager who has already ordered replacement locking wheel nuts and also checked the register and guaranteed that the car was not in a shunt but may have needed cosmetic work at some point and they will have a look and respray the bumpers. the car itself is great so as long as they can get it looking like it should i will be happy.

will keep the updates coming LOL

That is good to hear that it has not been in a major shunt.

Lexus replaced my locking wheel nuts under free of charge because I complained that they were rusty, I had three rusty ones and one silver one so they replaced the complete set

ask for a copy of the repairs carried out if it was done via lexus, or contact the last owner as there details will be on the log book,

i had a pretty big accident in my old 200 which was repaired via lexus and it doesnt show on any register as it wasnt a class d or c car

That is good news, an obvious way to check if it's been in a shunt is to have a look in the bonnet and under the carpet in the boot to see if anything looks like it's been replaced (a new boot floor for example is pretty easy to spot)

Hope it gets sorted asap :)

thanks guys. i spoke to the sales manager who has already ordered replacement locking wheel nuts and also checked the register and guaranteed that the car was not in a shunt but may have needed cosmetic work at some point and they will have a look and respray the bumpers. the car itself is great so as long as they can get it looking like it should i will be happy.

will keep the updates coming LOL

I scuffed the front bumper of mine parking it in the garage about a month after I purchased it. I got it resprayed and it isnt a perfect match. The bodyshop (and Lexus dealership too) told me the silver was the most difficult to match for the Lexus. Theres about 15 different shades of the Argento Ice, from those with a blue hint to those with yellow tint. Mine isnt 100 %, to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

well, i got the car back today, and the back bumper looks great. the front is much better, but they didn't respray it properly and some of the lower stone chips are still visible if you get close enough, but to be honest i really can't be bothered to fight anymore! i had to pay in £200 as it is. i spent a couple hours claying the car this afternoon, and i will finish it tomorrow with the sealant and then see how it looks.

also, i had the centre dash out today and applied the 'phone, dvd, mp3' hack, and it works great! if you have MM then i really suggest you do it too as it is really easy and makes life so much better lol

now all i need to do is buy the map update disc and i will be able to use the nav on the move too :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links