Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Bypass Lead

EDIT - changed my mind, I think the description is poor on that item, it's not the right one ! That's the one for a car without an amp. It's very misleading because it's described as an amp bypass cable, but if you look the same part number up on other listings/sites, it says it's for non-amplified systems only.

Hi i would check with the supplyer first because there is another one on eBay if you read the text half way down the page it says ( This lead is for the NON-AMPLIFIED systems on these vehicles only) even though is says Amplifier By Pass lead in the title.

linky

mike

Hmm. I'm dubious about that one too Chris, since that same part number "PC2-92-4" is used, which is used for non-amplified system cables on various other sites (e.g. here).. Especially because of the price too.

I'm also dubious about whether the picture is really of the item you're getting (e.g. the site I just linked).

Best bet is to email the seller before you buy and make it very clear you want a lead for a system with amp, then if it turns out to be wrong you've got a comeback.

Hmm. I'm dubious about that one too Chris, since that same part number "PC2-92-4" is used, which is used for non-amplified system cables on various other sites (e.g. here).. Especially because of the price too.

I'm also dubious about whether the picture is really of the item you're getting (e.g. the site I just linked).

Best bet is to email the seller before you buy and make it very clear you want a lead for a system with amp, then if it turns out to be wrong you've got a comeback.

hey thanks everyone for all the replies, have sent that seller a question about it, so will post the reply once i get it

Yeh i know what you mean mate :D

Its quite strange how they advertise the lead for the non amplified model with a pic of the amplified model lead? And i bet they wonder why there always getting emails asking about them :blink:

And looks like the prices have gone up since i brought mine a while back, i paid £12 for my kit. :)

hey i heard back from that seller, this is what he said, I am not really sure what he means?

hi we will need to no if your vehicle wiring is got two plugs or just the one if you are unsure please send a picture of your wiring to liquidice2008@hotmail.co.uk many thanks rik

From the Lexus page of the autoleads catalogue, the PC2-92-4 is the right cable for the amplified system. Probably safer to buy using the right cable code than talking about the cars wiring, etc :)

362346532.jpg

Hmm, that's a weird diagram. It seems to be showing two different amp bypass cables (which might be why the guy is asking the question), and according to the diagram then my 1999 car should have needed the one on the left, but it didn't, it needed the one on the right of the two.

Thing is though, I've seen eBay listings with that same Autoleads part number, some saying it's for non-amplified systems and some saying it's for amplified systems. Hence my distrust.

Actually a good point there, I think they've labelled them wrong. As far as I know hasn't the connection on the amp always been the same, and only the connection on the back of the headunit has changed slightly (from bottom slot to top slot)?

If you look at the one on the left and the one on the right, they look the same which probably explains that both are for the non-amplified systems but for the different headunits.

If in doubt it's worth calling autoleads themselves, I found them quite helpful when I was trying to make sure I was getting the right telephone mute lead.

Actually a good point there, I think they've labelled them wrong. As far as I know hasn't the connection on the amp always been the same, and only the connection on the back of the headunit has changed slightly (from bottom slot to top slot)?

If you look at the one on the left and the one on the right, they look the same which probably explains that both are for the non-amplified systems but for the different headunits.

If in doubt it's worth calling autoleads themselves, I found them quite helpful when I was trying to make sure I was getting the right telephone mute lead.

yeah i think i will give them a call now and double check with them just to be sure before i order

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys,

New to the forum myself and wondered if you got a resolve on this.

I'm looking to replace my head unit and have a 2001 sport. Not had a look to see which connector i have but i presume it has an amp.

Can only have it half way before it disorts anyway!!

Is the PC2-92-4 part number the correct amp bypass??

Cheers!

ok i stuck my new headunit in on friday, is all working good except the memory, have had it out for the last 2 hours checking the wires and i am not getting power to constant live for some reason? could i have pulled something lose when i was disconnecting the amp?

• 10 years later...

Hi new to the group I have the same issue so I got the long lead that bypasses the amp and you have to cut into a live for the thing to work and the memory so iv done that made sure that its only a live when the ignition is on (all good)....so I thought so at 4 am the alarm is going off the Battery is flat cant turn the alarm off woke the street up so had another look found a different live same thing happened so I disconnected the live from the radio it wont turn on thought I will look the weekend when I have time so next morning go to get in the car Battery is flat thought must have been me so jumped it drove to work no radio then finished work car was struggling to turn over but just had enough juice so went home then in the night 5am alarm is going off flat Battery again wtf!!!! Still have the same problem since I bypassed the amp the cable must be draining the Battery!.can I fit the non amp cable and still use the amp?