Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

*urgent* Tyre Question On Rx400h!

I have just been offered 4x Kumho tyres for £380 all in. But another company has told me they have Goodyear Fortera tyres that they can do for £400 all in. Can anyone advise me on the best option?

I have looked at other tyres, Pirelli Scorpions etc... But i cannot justify the cost at well over £100 more than these two options. I need to go back to the two garages involved by 4:30! So quick responses would be great! Thanks Guys.....

I have just been offered 4x Kumho tyres for £380 all in. But another company has told me they have Goodyear Fortera tyres that they can do for £400 all in. Can anyone advise me on the best option?

I have looked at other tyres, Pirelli Scorpions etc... But i cannot justify the cost at well over £100 more than these two options. I need to go back to the two garages involved by 4:30! So quick responses would be great! Thanks Guys.....

Sorry, didn't read until 16.45 so missed your deadline. I would have said go for the Goodyears.

But i cannot justify the cost at well over £100 more than these two options.

Cost of tyre should not be a bar to buying the 'correct' tyre for your vehicle. there is reason why certain tyres cost more and invariably when you consider the kind of life a tyre has,especially on a 2T 4x4, the quality of the tyre becomes ever so important.

Altho' I wouldn't say the Kumhos were bad, a few threads on here, they cost less than say Contis. On a big,heavy, bulky vehicle like the RX, you really need to have decent rubber - else you might find out at your cost why some tyres cost more.

I just hope you went with the Kumhos over the other garbage on offer ...

Last August I found myself needing a full set of tyres for my RX300, after reading dozens and dozens of different threads,in different forums on tyres, I decided that I'd go for the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros, the local Kwik Fit was doing a promotion on these for £500.00 the set, straight after I went to W.I.M to get the geometry set up, (you only have to have it slightly out to affect tyre wear) Now 6 months on and 14,000 miles since fitting the Scorpions I can honestly say theres been hardly any tyre wear whatsoever, they've been brilliant in both the wet and dry, mainly motorway driving but also the odd off beaten track now and again. The only bug bear that I've found with them, is that you can pick up small stones within the tread and you get this annoying ticking sound, until you stop and pick out the offending stone, other than that they're very quiet on the road. Of course £500 for a set of tyres can seem expensive but in the long run can actually work out better economically than fitting cheap budget tyres, they are budget tyres for a reason, simply being they aren't as good or efficient as the higher priced tyres.

Yes we all know theres a credit crunch with us at the minute and alot of people must cut their coat according to their cloth, and most people have no choice but to go for the cheaper option, but what I can't understand is why some people go out of their way to try and get the cheapest budget tyres, and then 5 minutes later spend hundreds on the latest sound system for their car.

If I was selling a car and needed a couple of tyres to get through an M.O.T then yes possibly I'd bang on a couple of cheap tyres, but with safety in mind I think paying an extra £30 - £40 on top of budget tyre prices, is a small cost to pay for peace of mind when it comes to safety for you and your family, but hey that's just my opinion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links