Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Bike

Ellz

Well after having my scooter stolen on Tuesday my need for transport and a new bike was shoved forward, I've been looking for a bike for the summer for a while now but was thinking I would be getting it in a month or so but ***** happens and things change.

Me and mate (doddy) who many of you know from JAE, set off at 5.30am this morning (after not much sleep) to Manchester to look at a bike (was pretty confident i was going to buy it). After 4 and a half hours we arrived tired and battered from the uncomfortable van we managed to borrow from his work thinking that it would fit in the back but knowing it would be close.

Got there and it was in good nick, stone chips on nose cone but what can you do. Haggled the price down last week via emails so got nearly £400 off the asking price.

Managed to some how fit it in the back of the van and strap down. Then jumped back in and drove another nearly 5 hours back arriving back home at 4pm this afternoon absolutely knackered running on energy drink fumes.

Got bike out and warmed up to take for another little ride.

To say its quick is the biggest understatement ever, first gear is almost off limits under half throttle at 3,000 rpm the front wheel goes skywards, second gears not much friendlier and didnt even get into third. First gear goes up to god knows what, probably around the 100mph mark maybe even more.

I got off pumping with left over adrenaline from my nearly 12 hour days already, thinking my god thats addictive but also thinking my god im gonna kill myself on that thing. Going to take it for a longer ride tomro and see how it goes when I'm back feeling human.

O yeah its got a Yoshi race pipe on it and sounds as naughty as a oriental in a school girls outfit, i'll try and get some vids or sound clips up later in the week.

I'll be taking the bike to a shop soon (maybe SPC Horsham I'll ring tomro) to get it tuned slightly as its got a power commander on it and only a basic map so will be able to give exact power figures, but book states 160hp and 170kg dry weight equalling nearly 1000hp per ton. All I can say is summers here and I'll try and live through it LoL.

Enjoy the photos.

D2X_0080.jpg

D2X_0082-1.jpg

D2X_0083-2.jpg

D2X_0084-3.jpg

Very nice mate, i used to have the 750 model in the same colour to :D

They seem to be hard to find now as I think most are used as track toys but they are lovely, in the haynes manual i got with the bike it says this is only 4kg heavier than the 750 and only 8kg heavier than the 600 which is pretty insane.

Very nice! Not quite in the same performance league, I have just booked my VFR in for its 48,000 mile service prioir to going to Scotland in May on a trip and then to the Isle of Man in June for TT.

Very nice! Not quite in the same performance league, I have just booked my VFR in for its 48,000 mile service prioir to going to Scotland in May on a trip and then to the Isle of Man in June for TT.

Good stuff I'm thinking of going over for the TT, going up to see the MotoGP later in the year and also might be doing a track evening at brands in June so should be a good summer

Good stuff I'm thinking of going over for the TT, going up to see the MotoGP later in the year and also might be doing a track evening at brands in June so should be a good summer

That Gixer's going to get used properly, then. If you're going over for TT2009, give me a shout, it'd be good to meet up.

That Gixer's going to get used properly, then. If you're going over for TT2009, give me a shout, it'd be good to meet up.

Will do, just managed to sort out some insurance, £238 third party fire and theft, couldnt afford the full comp as it was nearly £1000, dunno why theres such a massive jump in price, but o well off out to ride in the rain :( 6th gear all the way i think lol

just managed to sort out some insurance, £238 third party fire and theft, couldnt afford the full comp as it was nearly £1000, dunno why theres such a massive jump in price, but o well off out to ride in the rain :( 6th gear all the way i think lol
Well, I'll not mention £127 fully comp on the VFR, then. Enjoy the rain!

Can't say I've ever really got bikes, but that does sound like a monster!

Have you ever been on one ? They float some peoples boat and not others but for under £3k theres nothing else that will get to 60 in under 3 seconds 100 in around 5 seconds and do 186 in 5th and just have 6th gear for fun LoL not that i'll find many of those stats out until i get to the isle of man :D

[for under £3k theres nothing else that will get to 60 in under 3 seconds 100 in around 5 seconds and do 186 in 5th and just have 6th gear for fun LoL not that i'll find many of those stats out until i get to the isle of man :D
Crossing the mountain at perfectly legal 3 figure speeds is one of the joys of The Island, but you'll be lucky to get to 186 on open roads, even with the Gixer! During the TT period, there are loads of extra limits added to keep things safe(ish) and under control and they are pretty hot about enforcement in towns and villages. Fines run into five or six hundred quid for 10mph over the limit, so you’ll be wise to keep it legal where limits are posted. If you really want to enjoy The Island’s roads, make a visit at a quieter time of year!

Have you ever been on one ? They float some peoples boat and not others but for under £3k theres nothing else that will get to 60 in under 3 seconds 100 in around 5 seconds and do 186 in 5th and just have 6th gear for fun LoL not that i'll find many of those stats out until i get to the isle of man :D

Not been on a superbike before, but not sure I'd get on one in the first place! Can't argue with the stats though, it really is amazing performance for not a lot of cash, pretty hard to get those stats out of a car - better start saving for that veyron :crybaby:

For those that have tried both, how do the caterhams and stuff compare to bikes (that sort of thing is probably the closest I'll ever get to a bike type experience)

Nice, i would say everyone should get a bike skills course and also a " first biker on scene" first aid course ( normally free via ur local council or thru road safety partnership)

hope u have a very secure park place? if not an almax 4 chain and a hardy ground anchour would be on my shopping list

Well after having my scooter stolen on Tuesday my need for transport and a new bike was shoved forward, I've been looking for a bike for the summer for a while now but was thinking I would be getting it in a month or so but ***** happens and things change.

Me and mate (doddy) who many of you know from JAE, set off at 5.30am this morning (after not much sleep) to Manchester to look at a bike (was pretty confident i was going to buy it). After 4 and a half hours we arrived tired and battered from the uncomfortable van we managed to borrow from his work thinking that it would fit in the back but knowing it would be close.

Got there and it was in good nick, stone chips on nose cone but what can you do. Haggled the price down last week via emails so got nearly £400 off the asking price.

Managed to some how fit it in the back of the van and strap down. Then jumped back in and drove another nearly 5 hours back arriving back home at 4pm this afternoon absolutely knackered running on energy drink fumes.

To say its quick is the biggest understatement ever, first gear is almost off limits under half throttle at 3,000 rpm the front wheel goes skywards, second gears not much friendlier and didnt even get into third. First gear goes up to god knows what, probably around the 100mph mark maybe even more.

I got off pumping with left over adrenaline from my nearly 12 hour days already, thinking my god thats addictive but also thinking my god im gonna kill myself on that thing. Going to take it for a longer ride tomro and see how it goes when I'm back feeling human.

O yeah its got a Yoshi race pipe on it and sounds as naughty as a oriental in a school girls outfit, i'll try and get some vids or sound clips up later in the week.

I'll be taking the bike to a shop soon (maybe SPC Horsham I'll ring tomro) to get it tuned slightly as its got a power commander on it and only a basic map so will be able to give exact power figures, but book states 160hp and 170kg dry weight equalling nearly 1000hp per ton. All I can say is summers here and I'll try and live through it LoL.

Enjoy the photos.

Take care Ellz, from experience it's the other road users that make you a mobile organ donor. :crybaby:

Enjoy the photos.

Take care Ellz, from experience it's the other road users that make you a mobile organ donor. :crybaby:

yep and its normally the weekend "power rangers" and born again riders that passed the test and then jump on a bike that they have no idea on how to control and use safely. The amount of cocks i see over here in the mountains (alps, vosges,black forest etc) that fly around and treat the road like a private race track is unbelievable.... most cant handle the bike at all hence road in the black forest are closed to bikes on the weekend :tsktsk:

yep and its normally the weekend "power rangers" and born again riders that passed the test and then jump on a bike that they have no idea on how to control and use safely. The amount of cocks i see over here in the mountains (alps, vosges,black forest etc) that fly around and treat the road like a private race track is unbelievable.... most cant handle the bike at all hence road in the black forest are closed to bikes on the weekend :tsktsk:

Yep I agree the old weekend warriors and born again bikers seem to be the ones taking the hits. I've been riding since I was 16 (now nearly 23) so I've got a few years under my belt.

It's got a Datatool alarm and alpha dot also got a disc lock as well but locked in garage over night unless im at the girlfriend.

Opened it up a little earlier coming to college and it does go like a bat out of hell, big smile on my face right now.

Yep I agree the old weekend warriors and born again bikers seem to be the ones taking the hits. I've been riding since I was 16 (now nearly 23) so I've got a few years under my belt.

Absolutely right, there are an awful lot of people with enough money to buy a very fast bike, but not very much experience. Those of us who have done a few miles in all weathers have a slightly different riding style.

Opened it up a little earlier coming to college and it does go like a bat out of hell, big smile on my face right now.
Glad you’re enjoying it.

Absolutely right, there are an awful lot of people with enough money to buy a very fast bike, but not very much experience. Those of us who have done a few miles in all weathers have a slightly different riding style.

Yeah its crazy that people can go straight from a test centre on a GS500 or whatever they use and get a 180hp superbike. Even with my reasonable experience when I got on this it took me back a bit and it will take me a fair while to get used to.

Had a nice blat home with my mate on his R6, naughty figures appear very rapidly so need to keep checks on my speed even more now :$